Fleetrite ELC Coolant.. Where to buy? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 05:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fleetrite ELC Coolant.. Where to buy?

I have a 2006 F-350 with 6.0 that has 57,000 miles on it with no trobles,but I want to change the coolant ASAP.. I've done a lot of reading and I'm glad i did because i almost got the Gold crap from Ford.. I see most people say to get the Fleetrite ELC coolant that Internatinal usses. I know there are some that are just as good,but I want to stick with this brand. Question is where can I buy this stuff at? i would assume from a International dealer,but I'm sure that would probably be the most expencive. Is there any place else that would sell this? Also is flushing the system out with RESTORE a good idea too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Actually the easiest to find is probably the Zerex ELC at NAPA. If it isn't on the shelf have them order it. Their part# is ZXED1 for the ELC concentrate. There is no real worry in which brand as long as it says it is CAT EC-1 Rated.

Where are you located in Pa?
Old 09-09-2011, 08:05 AM

I've been trying to do exactly that for almost a week. I've heard, "It'll be here by 10 tomorrow mornin'" three times now. If the guys at NAPA had their heads any further up their arses, they would disappear!
Somebody commented recently that NAPA is getting more like Pep Boys every day. It's the sad truth.
Trying a different store or source for ELC.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I just can't understand all this difficulty getting a Cat EC-1 rated ELC coolant. There are at least a dozen brands that meet EC-1 spec. Rotella, Peak, Zerex, Prestone, Delo, Cat,.....

If it says it meets Cat EC-1 spec it is good to go. It really isn't all that difficult. Hell call a regional distributor for one of the brands and have them ship you some.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:40 AM

Both napas near me had Zerex g-05 on the shelf one even had 7 cases of it and I believe they also had a ton of the ec-1 rated peak as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App
Old 09-09-2011, 11:03 AM
information regurgitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked6.0 View Post
Both napas near me had Zerex g-05 on the shelf one even had 7 cases of it and I believe they also had a ton of the ec-1 rated peak as well.
A point of clarification: Zerex G-05 is the exact same coolant as the FORD GOLD that everyone is flushing out of their cooling system.

If you can find an International truck dealership, they sell the Fleetrite ELC concentrate. One would think that ANY heavy truck dealership would sell this coolant since many "big rigs" run this style coolant.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:23 AM

I recently went through this. It's very easy to find 50/50 premix. Concentrate, however, is not stocked in any of the truck service centers I tried in the Memphis area. I did get concentrate (and took what I could get for the brand) finally at the International dealer. It was not Fleetrite brand, but Mobil Delvac. I was not confident picking a Fleetrite product next door at the Cummins dealer because nothing they showed me had "CAT EC-1" on the label, and I needed to see that. I know something from that brand is compliant but they should say so.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM_C View Post
I've been trying to do exactly that for almost a week. I've heard, "It'll be here by 10 tomorrow mornin'" three times now. If the guys at NAPA had their heads any further up their arses, they would disappear!
Somebody commented recently that NAPA is getting more like Pep Boys every day. It's the sad truth.
Trying a different store or source for ELC.
It just depends on whole they hire. I got a few around me and the one is better then the others because there are a few guys that really know whats going on and have been there for years. i agree though parts places are getting hard to deal with. If it aint on the computer they are clueless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.