Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Is this possible?

855 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jfines@cox.net 
#1 ·
Ok I am looking at getting an alarm system for security remote start and turbo timer all in one. My question is can I still use the keypad on my door to unlock the truck even if I get an aftermarket alarm or do I lose the ability to use it?

Michael

#3 ·
I sure hope so because I really love using it and it would be a waste just sitting there not being functional anymore

#5 ·
I agree with GCOP. I used to do car stereo and alarrms. it will still work but only downside is if it is armed it will go off, but if you lock keys in truck you can still get in with keypad and then disarm alarm. OH and by the way i would reccomend a viper 791vx i am pretty sure it has diesel mode and turbo timer.

#6 ·
My alarm, A crime stopper, has a set up to allow you to use other ways to deactivete the alarm. I can still use my key fob from ford to arm and unarm my truck. But I can't use the remote start that way.

I think that the key pad in the door sends a signal to the door lock controller under the dash, which is where my alarm connects into.

One thing I do recommend, is the two way remote. I know it is a little more money, but you at least know when your truck has started, with out walking out to it. I start my on occasion by accident, then some one will walk in and ask me why my truck is running. I, of course, tell them that is was board and had nothing better to do.

Best part for for me is that I got my alarm new at whole sale for only $63. But I had to install it my self. What a PITA.

You can even set up the alarm to remote start when the temp inside your truck is too hot or too cold ( of course with add on's ).

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.