01 dodge vs 00 PSD - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 dodge vs 00 PSD

Hey all whats up I got a question. First i own a 00 psd auto ecsb 4x4 5inch exhaust 4inch dp with edge with attitude and thats it. My truck runs very very strong I have killed my buddies 04 cummins 5.9 and his 2000 stacked edge chip on his 7.3 liter, killed them both on the fuel economy tune lol. But he now has a 2001 5.9. That thinks will beat my truck, Says he is putting out around 700 hp. Of course like most people he really likes to stretch things lol. Anyways my question is what would it take for him to make 700 hp. He said its the stock turbo that has been rebuilt with a bigger compression wheel he isnt sure what size says he pushes 50 psi is that even possible. And he has stage 2 injectors, With some edge box chip or somthin like that for his cummins. He also is haveing and airdog i think he said 250 installed. AFE stage 2 intake. In your guys opinion is that enough to make 700 hp. Sorry for the long post lol. Also he is claiming he will still out run me with me putting in a new 38r turbo, intercooler, afe stage 2, and cales tunes 140 hp with a upgraded hpop, oh and almost forgot stage 1s injectors most likely. Tell me what ya guys think lol. IF ya dont get bored reading my post lol sorry for being so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Not even close to 700 hp. You'll destroy his 5.9 with the upgrades you're planning. And stacking chips on a 7.3 does absolutely nothing. One chip cancels the other out.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
Not even close to 700 hp. You'll destroy his 5.9 with the upgrades you're planning. And stacking chips on a 7.3 does absolutely nothing. One chip cancels the other out.
Well these where suppose to be stackable you could tell a difference how much of a difference it made im not 100% sure but you could tell you had them both on it would blow alot more smoke and the CEL light would come on all the time instead of just at the Top rpm level. Cant remember the code number but it was the max injector pressure code lol.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:25 PM

Well he txted me and said he was pushing 60 psi but im sure he is stretching. How much roughly do you think his truck is pushing.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdgage View Post
Well these where suppose to be stackable you could tell a difference how much of a difference it made im not 100% sure but you could tell you had them both on it would blow alot more smoke and the CEL light would come on all the time instead of just at the Top rpm level. Cant remember the code number but it was the max injector pressure code lol.
Again, stacking a 7.3 does nothing. Regardless, you'll destroy the 5.9 with the planned upgrades.

Last edited by dhanna6powerstroke; 04-27-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Well he txted me and said he was pushing 60 psi but im sure he is stretching. How much roughly do you think his truck is pushing.
Enough to blow black smoke because thats all cummins guys care about... If I bought a cummins the first thing I would do would be twin turbos, I cant stand seeing soot everwhere I drive. A little is ok. As much as a cummins makes just gives us a bad name.

AND idkr. 400 rwhp MAYBE ?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

400 would be pushing it.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo444 View Post
Enough to blow black smoke because thats all cummins guys care about... If I bought a cummins the first thing I would do would be twin turbos, I cant stand seeing soot everwhere I drive. A little is ok. As much as a cummins makes just gives us a bad name.

AND idkr. 400 rwhp MAYBE ?
Yea i was thinking about right around there too. I figured if he was absolutely lucky maybe 500
Old 04-27-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
400 would be pushing it.
what do you think my stroker will be pushing with my listed mods.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
400 would be pushing it.
Exactly, thats what the maybe was for

Quote:
Yea i was thinking about right around there too. I figured if he was absolutely lucky maybe 500
Its probably closer to mid 300's. If he was pushing 500 crank hp itd be right around 400 rwhp, he's probably lucky to be pushin 400-450 crank hp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.