Fuel tanks dipped by IRS today - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel tanks dipped by IRS today

Thought this might be worth mentioning. An IRS agent decided to come to my place of business and dip the tanks on my trucks. (Fuel tax compliance agent) I think was His official title. This guy looked pretty wet behind the ears. He had a brand new F150 with government plates (still had sticker in the window), and all brand new testing equipment. I have the feeling the IRS is gearing up and going to start cracking down on red fuel in road vehicles becouse of the high price of fuel. My trucks tested OK, but I asked Him if he could test privately owned vehicles and He said yes. Just a word to the wise. If your running dyed fuel, get it out! I think they are going to start cracking down. $1,000.00 fine if you fail. $1,000.00 fine if you refuse to be tested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by capcalvin View Post
Thought this might be worth mentioning. An IRS agent decided to come to my place of business and dip the tanks on my trucks. (Fuel tax compliance agent) I think was His official title. This guy looked pretty wet behind the ears. He had a brand new F150 with government plates (still had sticker in the window), and all brand new testing equipment. I have the feeling the IRS is gearing up and going to start cracking down on red fuel in road vehicles becouse of the high price of fuel. My trucks tested OK, but I asked Him if he could test privately owned vehicles and He said yes. Just a word to the wise. If your running dyed fuel, get it out! I think they are going to start cracking down. $1,000.00 fine if you fail. $1,000.00 fine if you refuse to be tested.
yet others dont want to hear that and will run it anyway cause of the slim chance of getting dipped.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This is why I turn mine sun orange. That way whe they look at it and dip it, they are like, WFT do we do now.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Premium Member

Not worth it. You would have to run alot of red fuel to save enough money to pay for a $1,000.00 fine.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
This is why I turn mine sun orange. That way whe they look at it and dip it, they are like, WFT do we do now.
he runs the "special blend"
Old 04-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Mod Newbie

I was just BSing, I run only overpriced, taxed fuel.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Premium Member

I used to run it all the time. Then I scared. Now I know why. I never will again, now that I know I'm on his list. Still pisses me off. I don't like big brother watching over me.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:59 PM
spool up that turbo!!

in washington its $2500 to start and $100 a gallon and not what you have in your truck its what your tank can hold
Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Mod Newbie

I've always heard that in Indiana the first ticket is $250. Second ticket is $10k I'll just stay legal. My truck is getting parked anyway. Hasn't been started since Friday.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
I've always heard that in Indiana the first ticket is $250. Second ticket is $10k I'll just stay legal. My truck is getting parked anyway. Hasn't been started since Friday.
He told me the first incident was $1k. Second incident, $1k + $100 per gal. Don't know exactly how they determine the gallon amount. Maybe Fuel tank capacity maybe He might not know what He's talking about. He looked pretty fresh. This guy was IRS. He said He works in IN, IL, MI. I always thought It was the DOT that tested. All I know is they are serious about it and they are looking for a buck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.