Traded for a Dodge - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Traded for a Dodge

Hahaha, made ya look. My truck is at the dealership AGAIN, more problems. I just so happened to call the Dodge dealer a few minutes ago, the salesman is working me up a price on a 07 3500 quad cab dually 4x4 Cummins of course, we get a good discount if we know someone who works at the local Mercedes plant, like 5% below dealer invoice, plus they have $6,000 cash back and 0% financing. Hummmmmm, can't wait to hear his offer!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
wow... whats up with your truck now??? Good luck on the quote!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:35 PM

turbo sounds like it's leaking air, very loud not good sounding whistle, I'm tired of taking it to the dealership every other week
Old 07-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
I would be to - I can only imagine the pain in the buttocks that must be!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:41 PM

yep truck is less than 1 year old so it's gonna be hard to trade it in
Old 07-30-2007, 04:18 PM

You think you have problems now??? Wait till you get in that MADE IN MEXICO ram!!!! Your buying a 20 year motor in a 5 year truck!!!! And when you put a power adder in it see what happens when you try and put all that power to the ground....It will cost around 4 grand to build up your tranny before you add power and more than that when you burn it up because you didnt build it before you added power...Call TST products in Columbus IN and ask them....812-342-6741...
Old 07-30-2007, 10:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Builttuff View Post
You think you have problems now??? Wait till you get in that MADE IN MEXICO ram!!!! Your buying a 20 year motor in a 5 year truck!!!! And when you put a power adder in it see what happens when you try and put all that power to the ground....It will cost around 4 grand to build up your tranny before you add power and more than that when you burn it up because you didnt build it before you added power...Call TST products in Columbus IN and ask them....812-342-6741...
Yeah ummm....the trans gets that reputation because so many people abuse it. That's right, abuse...meaning it is undergoing stress that it was not designed for from the factory. It's good for 75-100 horse or so over stock before the converter's strength is compromised. Maybe those older trucks 02 down are junky, but the 3rd gen trucks are leagues further than they were. Interior styling isn't the most attractive, but the truck will do what he wants and it won't be in the shop for repeated engine issues.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Smokin73Stroker View Post
Yeah ummm....the trans gets that reputation because so many people abuse it. That's right, abuse...meaning it is undergoing stress that it was not designed for from the factory. It's good for 75-100 horse or so over stock before the converter's strength is compromised. Maybe those older trucks 02 down are junky, but the 3rd gen trucks are leagues further than they were. Interior styling isn't the most attractive, but the truck will do what he wants and it won't be in the shop for repeated engine issues.
Well since he has all the mods done to his ford I would imagine he is going to do the same to the dodge if he gets it....Then he will be putting that 3rd gen tranny, that is leagues further than they were, under stress that was not designed for!!! Go ahead trade for it and in 5 years when he has problems all around the engine post something so I can say I told ya so....Plus when you buy one of thoes rams your supporting a mexican...assembled in mexico....Right on the window sticker....nuff said...
Old 07-31-2007, 04:49 AM

slow down fellas, I love my PSD, but I hate that it's been in the shop several times here lately, I'm waiting to see what the Dodge dealer tells me this morning, probably not gonna get enough for my truck to trade her in anyway
, oh well, I love paying $622 a month for my truck to be worked on at the dealership my brother and my father both have Dodge Cummins and my brother's is a 03 with almost 100k and never been in for nothing, my father's is a 05 with 35k and never been in for nothing, my PSD is a 06 with 20k and has been in numerous times, yeah I can't wait to here from the Dodge place.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:17 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj41foley View Post
slow down fellas, I love my PSD, but I hate that it's been in the shop several times here lately, I'm waiting to see what the Dodge dealer tells me this morning, probably not gonna get enough for my truck to trade her in anyway
, oh well, I love paying $622 a month for my truck to be worked on at the dealership my brother and my father both have Dodge Cummins and my brother's is a 03 with almost 100k and never been in for nothing, my father's is a 05 with 35k and never been in for nothing, my PSD is a 06 with 20k and has been in numerous times, yeah I can't wait to here from the Dodge place.
Sorry to hear about all your problems CJ.....hate to see you trade it in, but let us know what both dealer say......hey also heard that Ford is coming out with some incentives finally for the 2008 and GM just started 0% for 60 months, just thought I would throw that in there since I'm at work, hahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.