keyless entry - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-19-2011, 05:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: south,ga
Posts: 148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
keyless entry

does anyone know how to program the key fobs without going to the dealer???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-19-2011, 05:48 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 11,912
Thanks: 4
Thanked 47 Times in 44 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhitemonkey View Post
does anyone know how to program the key fobs without going to the dealer???
Get in the truck and close the door. Turn the key from off to on and repeat until you hear the locks cycly. After they cycle, press the lock button on the remote/s and you should hear the locks cycle again. Should be either 5 or 8 times of turning the ignition on and off before you hear the locks cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-19-2011, 06:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Program keyless entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
Get in the truck and close the door. Turn the key from off to on and repeat until you hear the locks cycly. After they cycle, press the lock button on the remote/s and you should hear the locks cycle again. Should be either 5 or 8 times of turning the ignition on and off before you hear the locks cycle.
What dhanna6 said plus:
WITHIN 20 seconds press any button on the keyless entry. Doors will lock/unlock to confirm reprogramming. You must do this for each transmitter you have.

Turn the ignition OFF. If the keyless entry remote has been activated the vehicle will cycle lock/unlock one last time to confirm reprogram.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: south,ga
Posts: 148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
good deal appreciate guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 307
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Insert the key in the ignition, turning key from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds ending in the RUN position.
If program mode entered succesfully, vehicle will LOCK and UNLOCK all doors automatically
Within 15 seconds, press ANY button on a keyless remote transmitter.
Locks will LOCK and UNLOCK to confirm each keyless remotes activation.
Repeat step 3 for each transmitter that will be used on this vehicle. NOTE: When first transmitter is activated, all existing transmitters will be erased. Hence the need to repeat step 3 for each transmitter.
If the locks do not respond to any remote transmitter, wait 10 seconds and try pressing the button again.
Turn the ignition switch to OFF or wait up to 30 seconds after step 1 to EXIT program mode. If a keyless remote transmitter has been activated, the vehicle will LOCK and UNLOCK all doors one last time to confirm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 11,912
Thanks: 4
Thanked 47 Times in 44 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAmericanBulldog View Post
Insert the key in the ignition, turning key from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds ending in the RUN position.
If program mode entered succesfully, vehicle will LOCK and UNLOCK all doors automatically
Within 15 seconds, press ANY button on a keyless remote transmitter.
Locks will LOCK and UNLOCK to confirm each keyless remotes activation.
Repeat step 3 for each transmitter that will be used on this vehicle. NOTE: When first transmitter is activated, all existing transmitters will be erased. Hence the need to repeat step 3 for each transmitter.
If the locks do not respond to any remote transmitter, wait 10 seconds and try pressing the button again.
Turn the ignition switch to OFF or wait up to 30 seconds after step 1 to EXIT program mode. If a keyless remote transmitter has been activated, the vehicle will LOCK and UNLOCK all doors one last time to confirm.
Better late than never
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 307
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
Better late than never
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: south,ga
Posts: 148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
got it done thanks!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors