Best time of year to buy a new diesel? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best time of year to buy a new diesel?

Just a quick question, I am tossing around the idea of trading in my 2010 chevy 2500HD gasser on a F250 Diesel.

I am slowly starting to regret buying the chevy, while a great truck, it has it's problems.

I know deals are better at the end of the year, but when I was looking at the chevy, all the trucks equipped with the Duramax were GONE when any sort of lucrative deal hit the shelves near the end.

I have never done any sort of dealing with Ford, is there a good time of year when Ford sets deals on the F250s?

Or would I come off better by building my own? I don't need any fancy equipment, just 4 door, diesel, 4x4, long bed. Could live with cloth, rubber floors and manual window/locks.

Last edited by 4x4Robert; 04-12-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
In your case, any time is good!

JK, end of the year is going to be the best, or after they start getting the 2012's in

Old 04-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
In your case, any time is good!

JK, end of the year is going to be the best, or after they start getting the 2012's in

Thank you

How much does ford usually rebate?
Old 04-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Couldn't tell ya, you'd have to call around to a couple dealers . I haven't bought a truck in 5 years
Old 04-13-2011, 11:51 AM

I'm in the process of buying a 2011 now, going Friday to pick it up. I got $11,000 off the sticker, it's a Lariat and buying it in Grapevine, TX. I live near Houston but this was my best deal and great sales people from my dealings so far. No BS, just what appears to be straight facts. I tried to buy locally but rude sales guys who acted as though they could care less if I bought from them or not made my decision easy as I'm not going to waste my time on these types of salesmen. I was in the office in Grapevine with my wife and kids and within 15 minutes had a deal. They knew their product and explained everything nicely, fast, and efficient.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130 View Post
I'm in the process of buying a 2011 now, going Friday to pick it up. I got $11,000 off the sticker, it's a Lariat and buying it in Grapevine, TX. I live near Houston but this was my best deal and great sales people from my dealings so far. No BS, just what appears to be straight facts. I tried to buy locally but rude sales guys who acted as though they could care less if I bought from them or not made my decision easy as I'm not going to waste my time on these types of salesmen. I was in the office in Grapevine with my wife and kids and within 15 minutes had a deal. They knew their product and explained everything nicely, fast, and efficient.
What was the price before the the money off?
Old 04-14-2011, 02:16 PM

$60775, price with the discounts is about $49900 so just under $11,000 off. I'm taking the Ford rebates then will re-finance it with my own lender as it's a much better rate. saved another $1,000 this way.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
$60775, price with the discounts is about $49900 so just under $11,000 off. I'm taking the Ford rebates then will re-finance it with my own lender as it's a much better rate. saved another $1,000 this way.
Phew, king ranch? That f250 must be loaded, I found some 45k-50k after mark up, but they were 4x4, diesel, cloth, and I think four door.

Regardless, I am jealous, probably one sweet truck.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:21 PM

Not a King Ranch, it's a Lariat but pretty much loaded I think. Lariat ultimate package, 20" wheels, chrome package which I really didn't want but it was my first choice in color on both exterior and interior. 4x4 Crew cab with FX package. I'm excited about the truck, not excited about paying for it. Luckily I was able to sell my SUV myself and came out over $3,000 better than trading. I listed my SUV and sold it almost immediately. I'm extremely anal with everything I own, probably way too anal, so I take really good care of my vehicles. I think most people involved in car forums are probably the same way. I plan on keeping the truck for a long time and maybe pass it to my son when he's 16, he's 10 now.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Not a King Ranch, it's a Lariat but pretty much loaded I think. Lariat ultimate package, 20" wheels, chrome package which I really didn't want but it was my first choice in color on both exterior and interior. 4x4 Crew cab with FX package. I'm excited about the truck, not excited about paying for it. Luckily I was able to sell my SUV myself and came out over $3,000 better than trading. I listed my SUV and sold it almost immediately. I'm extremely anal with everything I own, probably way too anal, so I take really good care of my vehicles. I think most people involved in car forums are probably the same way. I plan on keeping the truck for a long time and maybe pass it to my son when he's 16, he's 10 now.
Congrats, you will love the f250, we have a loaded 08 f250 at work that tows continually for 6 months out the year, and it's mean. I regret going to Chevy everyday I see that truck.

Your son has a good dad, that will be one hell of a truck to learn on at 16. I am jealous, I learned on a sixxer mustang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.