Washing the undercarriage - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Washing the undercarriage

Ok guys, how do you guys go about washing the undercarriage of your rigs?

Right now I am trying a new technique because I do not have a pressure washer. The new technique consists of running a sprinkler under my truck and moving it once in a while So far lots of mud is coming out from under the bed.

Do you guys think its ok to run the sprinkler under the engine compartment considering all the electronic parts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 07:11 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
hmmm. thats not gonna be easy without a pressure washer. or you could go to the car wash . i will give you credit the sprinkler is an awesome idea!!! usually when i wash mine i just break out the hotsy. its so quick,and it cleans awesome. so your best bet is probably find a pressure washer.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:39 AM

If his truck is lifted like mine car washes are not an option. We dont fit (and wide mud tires have a tendency to grab a side lug on the track and pull the truck off the track).
Old 04-08-2011, 05:09 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

when i had my jeep wrangler my car wash was the oscillating sprinkler under the body moving it every once in a while it worked great, but now that i have the super duty i lay down under the truck and get to spraying
Old 04-09-2011, 11:59 AM

I have some big dirt piles in the back yard that work great. Find a pile that is as steep as possible and about 6ft tall and drive up it and park with the front tires on top of the pile and then you can stand up right under the truck and power wash.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003kingranch View Post
hmmm. thats not gonna be easy without a pressure washer. or you could go to the car wash . i will give you credit the sprinkler is an awesome idea!!! usually when i wash mine i just break out the hotsy. its so quick,and it cleans awesome. so your best bet is probably find a pressure washer.
Unfortunetly, I can't take credit for the idea. After going mudding, a buddy told me thats what he does. I guess I should pick up a pressure washer, or stop playing in the mud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx0964 View Post
If his truck is lifted like mine car washes are not an option. We dont fit (and wide mud tires have a tendency to grab a side lug on the track and pull the truck off the track).
Good point, I have 8" lift running 42's that are I think 14.5 wide, and I have the bushwacker cut-out fender flairs. So pretty much my truck is tall and wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdCoastStroker View Post
when i had my jeep wrangler my car wash was the oscillating sprinkler under the body moving it every once in a while it worked great, but now that i have the super duty i lay down under the truck and get to spraying
My buddy that gave the the sprinkler idea is a jeep guy. Must be a jeep thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx0964 View Post
I have some big dirt piles in the back yard that work great. Find a pile that is as steep as possible and about 6ft tall and drive up it and park with the front tires on top of the pile and then you can stand up right under the truck and power wash.
My parking brakes don't work, but if they did, I'm still not sure if it would be a good idea to be under the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.