SCT Question? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Strokin'

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
SCT Question?

I was at a Flyers game last night and someone broke into my truck and stole everything out of my truck. Included in this was my SCT which i use for gauges and tuning. Unfortunately i had a tune uploaded to the truck. What is the procedure of how to get the stock tune back? Will another SCT tuner be able to take my stock tune i saved on the computer and put it back no problem or will i have to get it reflashed at ford? Ive been trying to get in contact with SCT all day. Cant get through to them. Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Zack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Jersey Strokers Director

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Aronda1125
Sorry to hear that dude, really sucks! I'm pretty sure that if you have the stock file backed up, you should be able to load it on a new SCT and back onto your truck. But i haven't had to do it, so i'm not 100% positive.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Strokin'

Thats what im hoping. still trying to get in contact with SCT to find out. Sucks though insurance wont cover whatever was taken from the inside of the vehicle. Wont even cover the damage to the vehicle because i forgot i have a 1,000 deductible. I never changed it from when i used to have my F150.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Jersey Strokers Director

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Aronda1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticker89 View Post
Thats what im hoping. still trying to get in contact with SCT to find out. Sucks though insurance wont cover whatever was taken from the inside of the vehicle. Wont even cover the damage to the vehicle because i forgot i have a 1,000 deductible. I never changed it from when i used to have my F150.
Why won't they cover the stuff stolen from the inside? With full coverage they should cover that stuff. My policy states it covers items stolen from the interior, you would just need proof of purchase for anything.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Strokin'

I was told that if it isnt a permanent fixture to the truck it would have to be covered under home owners insurance. The lady i talked to said that if it were a radio in the dash or a tire or such it would be covered but because its something that can be taken out and brought in the house they wont cover it under my auto insurance. And i dont have home owners insurance because i dont own the house i live in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.