May Want More Power Without a chip - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2006, 11:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
May Want More Power Without a chip

What mods can I give my stock 6.0 without going with a chip? I dont need much if nothing but want to keep the warranty valid. Its an 04.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to F350SUPERDUTY
Cetane boost for your fuel is the only thing I can think of.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:27 AM
Banned

exhaust isnt gonna do a ton power wise, but you may notice a small difference and its great for your motot. i definately like the idea of cetane booster as said above, most 6.0's it seems to make run consicerable better with a little more power.......other than that the only thing you could really do is play with gear ratios in your diff (expencive if its a four wheel drive though as both have to be done to keep the same gear ratio front and rear)......but that will just give you more take off power and hurt topp end.......ive heard some claim unplugging the EGR valve helps some, but this is gonna give you an annoying check engine light all the time and i wouldnt reccomend it as it could result in excessive carbon in the intake.......a water/meth or propane set up in the intake could give you some more, but unless its removable i would suspect the dealers arent gonna like it too much warranty wise.....if i was you i and was worried about warranty....i would get a plug and play tuner like superchips or something along those lines, tune it, and know if you have to take it in for warranty work, first you need to program it back to stock, and then you need to disconnect both battery cables for about a half hour or so to clear the code the proogrammer set..........Marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.