My introduction and a few ?'s.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My introduction and a few ?'s....

New to the forum and recent 1st time diesel owner.

I just purchased a 95 f250 with the 7.3 powerstroke.
She has 230k miles and appears to be stock.
I have not really had her out on the road yet, a couple 20mi freeway runs to see how she feels and quite a bit of around town driving. A few times this week either in park (auto tranny), after stopping quickly at a light or while idling thru a parking lot, she has stalled out but restarts without issue. She also seems to miss a cycle, not like a single cylinder drops, but just seems to go quiet for a second and then comes back to life. At first i figured it was the injectors need replaced (and they probably do) but i want to work out any other (ie less expensive) options 1st. I changed the fuel filter today......black and gooey. I noticed an immediate difference upon starting but she still has cut out a time or two. Tomorrow i plan on changing out the air filter...it too is trash. Im not a big puller and not planning any big HP increases. I live at about 8000 feet and drive to 10,000 feet a lot. Im thinking that an S&B drop in (not getting the cooler) is going to breathe a little easier that high up vs. a stock paper filter....thoughts on that? And finally what other areas should i look at before dropping a grand or two replacing injectors and glowplugs. Mileage is tough to gauge but looks to be about 10-12 around town.
Thanks for your time gentlemen and i look forward to learning a lot from y'all!

edit: Also while checking out the air filter today i noticed what appears to be oil inside of the air intake between the filter and the turbo....normal? not normal? really freaking bad?
It wasnt like a puddle of oil but more of a film that i could wipe out with a rag....

Last edited by creekfreak; 03-27-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
welcome to the .org... the oil in your intake is normal thats from the CCV(crankcase) and the black muck in the fuel filter, was it oil? if so that could mean bad injector orings.... the stalling is most likely the CPS(cam sensor) its a $25 dollar part, and if the recall hasnt been done on the truck ford does it free still I believe last i heard...
Anyway hope that helps you some and good luck.

Oh last but not least a DIY intake is easiest and best for these trucks.. look it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.