Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0 starting problem

537 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  vitalidle 
#1 ·
Come on you tech guys. I posted a question yesterday and one guy replied that one of the techs would answer my question in no time. No replies yet.
I have a 2003 F-350 with the 6.0. About 6 times only in the morning in the last month the truck wouldn't start. I ran the glow plugs several times with no effect. I changed the crank sensor then the glow plug relay with no change. My question is how do I check the glow plugs. The only good thing about my truck which I use for work is when it won't run I take out the old 87 mustang (425 H.P.) screamer and watch the heads turn when I come through town. When a customer calls wanting me to pick up a piece of equipment for repair I tell them it will have to wait, my truck is broke.
HELP! Danny in Colorado. Oh when I get home at night it always starts.

#2 ·
You could check the relay first. Im not familiar where the relay is on the 6.0 but on the 7.3 its right on the top front of the engine. If you can find the relay make sure you have 12 volts on the hot side from the batteries and when you turn the ignition on you should have 12 volts going out to the glow plugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.