Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Full size F350 in San Francisco = BAD IDEA!

700 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jhurt 
#1 ·
So i took my 2000 350 to San Fran for a day trip from Reno. I knew my rig would be hard to get around in the city, but i had no idea. I work for the local Ambulance company and Reno and a long distance transport to SF is not uncommon and we take our full size modular ambulance in no problem, so i figured, eh, what the hell. I got all the way downtown and found a garage with the necessary accommodations of my truck on the first try. perfect! So we spent a couple hours down there and when we left the garage is where it all began to go down hill. Pulling off the second floor was a sharp right turn, nothing too terribly bad, so i swing it wide and as i'm almost through i hear that sound that no one wants to hear... crunching metal. I reverse out and take a look and wtf had just happened. So what i didnt notice in the turn was the low jersey wall that went into the passenger side of the bed...

So my day trip turned out a lot more expensive than i was excepting.

I just needed to share, haha

#5 ·
And people wondered why I de-duallied my dually. The Bay area is horrible for big trucks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.