Any Suggestions on what rims??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any Suggestions on what rims???

I am currently running some 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims on my truck and i keep throwing beads (Probably because you not supposed jumping a diesel with them). But i was wondering if i could get some feed back on bead-locks. I was looking at U.S. 6x6's but i dont know how they would do in high speed offroad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
lol with the weight of your truck even with a bead lock you might have problems... plus they are a pain in the butt to balance and illegal to drive on the road.... how about you put the Staun inner tube in it.... here is a link to their website......let me know if you need prices on any of them.....

4wd Accessories Australia
Old 07-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Banned

i have the staun's at the moment, it made it better but they still debead when im pushing the truck hard to make it to the pit before the race truck does.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertford View Post
i have the staun's at the moment, it made it better but they still debead when im pushing the truck hard to make it to the pit before the race truck does.
WOW lol hm k then bead locks are next.... not sure how it will compare to the staun products ... they usually hold up better than the beadlocks.....what exactly are you doing with your rig?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3pwrstroke View Post
WOW lol hm k then bead locks are next.... not sure how it will compare to the staun products ... they usually hold up better than the beadlocks.....what exactly are you doing with your rig?
Well its my chase truck/toy. Im testing a new suspension that i might start selling so its gets a pretty good workout. It goes from the drag strip to the desert, it gets driven to the grocery store one day and jumped like a dirtbike the next. So far i have found the major weak-links in my truck and now its almost unbreakable. lol
Old 07-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Well its my chase truck/toy. Im testing a new suspension that i might start selling so its gets a pretty good workout. It goes from the drag strip to the desert, it gets driven to the grocery store one day and jumped like a dirtbike the next. So far i have found the major weak-links in my truck and now its almost unbreakable. lol
wow sounds sweet.... well DR and Banks worked togeather on their truck and ran the baja 1000 in it.... dont have time right now but i could try to find out later what type of wheels they used......
Old 07-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
wow sounds sweet.... well DR and Banks worked togeather on their truck and ran the baja 1000 in it.... dont have time right now but i could try to find out later what type of wheels they used......
yeah i talked to Kreg from DR and there using one off Walker Evens rims. i was thinking about Trail Ready i heard there pretty good.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
yeah i talked to Kreg from DR and there using one off Walker Evens rims. i was thinking about Trail Ready i heard there pretty good.
sorry i couldnt be much more of help but not that experienced with beadlocks.....how high exactly is your truck?
Old 07-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
sorry i couldnt be much more of help but not that experienced with beadlocks.....how high exactly is your truck?
thats ok i every lil bit helps. it has a custom 4in front and custom 3in rear. it cycles around 12in of travel with leaf springs! And its tuckin 37in tires with fiber glass fenders and bed sides. also it has no sway bar and is very stable. i was goin to do coil overs but i thought it would be a better victory if i could get the same type of travel out of leafs.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Can you post pics or is it still "under wraps"? Sounds very cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.