ok..... WTF is this gross junk? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ok..... WTF is this gross junk?

alright, we were goin over looking at my friends brothers truck, a 95 f150 with a 300 inline six. I opened the oil filler next and saw this.... nearly puked, looks effing gross, and DEFINATELY not supposed to be in there with the motor oil.... so what is it?
Attached Thumbnails
ok..... WTF is this gross junk?-gross-junk-1.jpg   ok..... WTF is this gross junk?-gross-junk-2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 12:50 PM

that looks to be the classic and dreaded 'milkshake' oil from a blown head gasket or some other means of coolant getting into the crankcase. Never smells good, does it??

Good luck with that, time to get a different truck, a V8 or a 4BT cummins!

Scott
Old 02-26-2011, 12:51 PM
The Tamed Racing Driver

I would guess some sort of head gasket fix or heater core repairer. I would guess it needs a good flushing too.

I would hope its not oil but I think the only way to be sure is to get some coolant test strips
Old 02-26-2011, 12:53 PM
The Tamed Racing Driver

Oh, thats the oil fill cap.... Scratch that last post, I thought it was the radiator cap for some reason. I agree with scotty, coolant in the oil
Old 02-26-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyP5947 View Post
that looks to be the classic and dreaded 'milkshake' oil from a blown head gasket or some other means of coolant getting into the crankcase. Never smells good, does it??

Good luck with that, time to get a different truck, a V8 or a 4BT cummins!

Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by late_99_PSD View Post
Oh, thats the oil fill cap.... Scratch that last post, I thought it was the radiator cap for some reason. I agree with scotty, coolant in the oil
ok, best case scenario I'm guessing its just a blown head gasket? worst case, warped head, cracked block, etc? We filled the coolant (it was about a half gal low) and it was Sh!t brown. I'm thinking it doesnt have long for this world. We're trying to find him a new truck. If he gets a new one, or the motor hydrolocks/blows, how much is it worth? I'd like to have a 4bt project lol
Old 02-26-2011, 03:57 PM

them 300 will go FOREVER even with a warped head.... (know from experience) put on 50,000 HARD AND TORTURED miles on a truck that i bough that was still safety for the road here . same year only it was 4x4 an 5 spd. i bought it off a buddy because he thought it would blow up the next day, keep anti freeze in it and keep dumping oil (15w40, or 30) in it an it'll still be fine for a while, unless your looking for an exuse for a new truck lol
Old 02-26-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlinB View Post
them 300 will go FOREVER even with a warped head.... (know from experience) put on 50,000 HARD AND TORTURED miles on a truck that i bough that was still safety for the road here . same year only it was 4x4 an 5 spd. i bought it off a buddy because he thought it would blow up the next day, keep anti freeze in it and keep dumping oil (15w40, or 30) in it an it'll still be fine for a while, unless your looking for an exuse for a new truck lol
what about a cracked block or a cracked head? it was fine before it sat for a while (9 months, started and ran every other week), then they put new oil in it and everything when he sold it to his brother. It just now got the nasty mayo thing going on in there. Seems to run fine, a little rough idle.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:33 PM

Ummmm looks to me to just be your typical condensation forming in the engine from short trips/not getting up to temp.

See it everyday at work.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildStyle View Post
Ummmm looks to me to just be your typical condensation forming in the engine from short trips/not getting up to temp.

See it everyday at work.
typical?!?!
Old 02-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke Techie

You think that's bad you should see the oil cap on an 04 F150 that doesn't get warmed up very often in the winter. They look the same way. As for that one. Is the oil in the crankcase that color or is it normal color. If it's not like that then I would make sure the pcv system is working properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.