EOT stays around 235-244 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EOT stays around 235-244

So I finally got my scangauge all programmed up and went for a 2 hour drive. Turns out my ECT and EOT are constantly at around 40-50 degree different (189ECT and 240EOT) I have no check engine lights, or wrench light that pops up. No coolant puking out of degas bottle. I contacted the Ford dealership and they said if I bring it in all they are gonna do is check it for codes and if noting is found they will just send it back out. What is the best way about getting my oil cooler replaced by Ford before this leads to more problems like head gaskets and EGR cooler. I am still under an extended warranty that I have purchased and the truck only has 48,000 miles on it. Any info or input would help. Thanks

2006 Ford F-250 CCSB
6.0 Powerstroke
48,000miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
thats the biggest difference i have ever herd of. you definatly got some blockage. good luck.

and
Old 02-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That's what i said, I cannot believe the difference in temp. Yet I thought that my year truck had the CEL come on when there was a difference of over 15 degrees, and I really have no symptoms of the issue, no loss of power, no overheating or anything.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
WOW thats dangerously hot. you're gonna blow somethin. i'd say screw ford and DIY if they arent gonna help, or find a better dealer..
Old 02-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dietoremain View Post
WOW thats dangerously hot. you're gonna blow somethin. i'd say screw ford and DIY if they arent gonna help, or find a better dealer..

I have three vehicles and really am not out of a vehicle if the powerstroke breaks. So what I'm gonna do is let it screw the motor up and they will have to replace everything since it is under warranty. Then once I get it back with new parts I will just install the BPD oil system and EGR cooler. I was just trying to help the dealership save some money in the repairs that they will have to honor. Im almost regreting going with the 6.0 I love the truch but cant wait till it is fixxed.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:09 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSValencia View Post
I have three vehicles and really am not out of a vehicle if the powerstroke breaks. So what I'm gonna do is let it screw the motor up and they will have to replace everything since it is under warranty. Then once I get it back with new parts I will just install the BPD oil system and EGR cooler. I was just trying to help the dealership save some money in the repairs that they will have to honor. Im almost regreting going with the 6.0 I love the truch but cant wait till it is fixxed.

The BPD is an excellent idea. Don't wait to hose your truck, go ahead and do the BPD stuff now and save your truck. If you continue to run it your oil will get hot enough to melt the standpipe in the filter can and send molten plastic through the engine You don't really want to do that.

The CEL for the ECT and EOT delta of 15* was part of the VXCF9 strategy update not a model year issue. With a delta of 50-60* like you are seeing the dealership should be all over that. It is way out of spec. Report them to Ford.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How can you tell if you truck is flashed with the VXCF9 update? I have a feeling the truck is gonna go soon, my ECT has been a very steady 188-190 and my EOT is always between 236-240. Also I'm seeing pulsing of the motor during acceleration. You can even see the pulsing in the RPM gauge. I have contacted The local Ford dealership with the results that I posted earlier. I bought the truck from CARMAX and have an appt to take it to them next Wed for diagnosis. Now I told them of the issues but I'm wondering if they are going to get fixxed. Guess I will have to wait and see. I love the BPD kit but if I'm under warranty Ford should have to fix the issues. Plus I got a quote for install of BPD oil cooler upgrade and EGR cooler and the shops around here want $5100 for the install. That is just outrageous! The kit alone is only $2200. Im sure I could install it also. Looks like a an unbolt and replace kind of ordeal. Thank you for all of the help and hints. this site has been very helpful with information and such, I just wished I would have had my scangauge to see the true colors of the motor before I bought it. But looks like I get to ride out this storm early on in my new trucks beginning.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Oh and if I did want to bring this up to Ford how would I go about doing that? That is a good idea if it would make them fix things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.