tire woes!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 03:03 PM
im fat and ugly

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tire woes!!!!!

i was on the way to the dfw meet, cruising along on I-20 doing 75 mph my wife was sound asleep, i hear a thud, sounded like something rather larger hit the bottom of the rig, looked in the mirror and didnt see anything the ride quality didnt change so kept on rollin thinkin it was a rock, 20-30 mins later same sound, i look in the mirror and see a piece of my tire skipping down the interstate (oh sh!t!!!!), so i pull over to find this

so i put my spare on, i check the other side and it looks like it is starting to crack along the same area so i slow it down to 60 and make it into the meet. we have a great time, make it back sunday morning no more issues. i go to work this monday morning on the way i hear the same thud. i get to work and the otherside is doing the same.

now im mad, if i would have had my 4 year old with me and this mofo would have blew.......well i cant really say what would happen.

so i call interco tire maker of super swamper, they tell me to call 4wheelparts.com(where i got them from) they give me the run around. finaly i get ahold of customer service, i tell em the deal, --------ok i only have 8.5-9k miles on these tires, the guys says they usually wear fast 10-15k is there life. i told him this aint no fin wear the freakin tread is flying off. i get put on hold, long story short they are warrantyable so i get to send em back for different tires, so im goin with the nitto tera grapplers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

It looks like thorn chickens + many burnouts = bad things! I never understood the attraction to Swampers myself. Unless you spend 75% of your time off road, a BFG or Wild Country type radial tire is far more economical, comfortable and effective. The Nittos should work a lot better for you.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
wow that sucks, im glad you are all ok. why wont you go with the Toyo Open Country M/T? the nitto's are nice, but just dont know much about them.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Premium Member

HOLY COW!! Never saw tires do that before. Thank your lucky stars they didn't blow. One helluva ride then.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:12 PM
im fat and ugly

what really sux is i never did any burnouts (purposely) with em, i knew they wouldnt last long but they sure looked cool, but to be that unsafe i wont be buying anymore , the toyos mts are just a tad bit too aggresive for me im fixin to make about 12k miles in trips before the years over and i want a decent a/t tire
Old 07-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Banned

Aw shucks Stump, I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything! It's just ironic that those sick birds are on the rear axle.:burnout I guess you must have just rotated them last week.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:27 PM
im fat and ugly

actually as crazy as it sounds i did just rotate them maybe 2 weeks ago, im just thankfull i didnt have any blow outs
Old 07-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thats crazy!!!! ive seen the trad section of the tire come away from the raidals but ive never seen individual tread blocks tear off! thats crazy! Im glad you and your family ended up ok better luck with the next set of biters
Old 07-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

thats crazy ish, nittio are the ish, good thing you were not on your way to az diesels in the desert
Old 07-16-2007, 03:32 PM
im fat and ugly

hey willy dont you have the hook up with some 16.5 humvee tires and rims?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.