Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cummins vs Powerstroke???

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mustangman02232 
#1 ·
Hey guys... new here. Anyhow i have a 98.5 5.9 cummins 24v and am looking at an 02 7.3 powerstroke. I am familiar with both as i am a farmer, and my mom works for a ford dealership as a sales associate.

Where you come in... i LOVE the cummins, but i really like fords, and i want a roomy crew cab for my family and for the money that means a 7.3 or a 6.0... now i am pretty sure i dont want the 6liter from what i have heard, like the sound of the 7.3 better anyhow. I want to know from you ford and stroker lovers out there the pros and cons of the 7.3 and 5.9 as you see them relatively.

All opinions are appreciated. THought i would get your opinions as the cummins opinions will be pretty subjective. Also include any common trouble spots if you would. THis particular truck has just had the tranny and rear end rebuilt or replace.. not sure which.

THnaks! :)

#2 ·
my 6.0s had less problems then my buddys 7.3, just get an oasis report and a car fax to see if its a problem child or not. 05 up were supposed to be the best, but like ive said my late build 04 just had its first issue of the alternator which took out the FICM with it. ive never liked the cummins and thats in both pick ups or big trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.