Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Mystery cut wires 2004 Ford 6.0 Help.....

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Bad Night 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,

I just bought a 2004 F250 6.0 as a fixer upper and completed the Heads / bolts / HPOP / EGR Delete.

Everything went pretty smooth, but now i can't get it started...

Auto part Vehicle Car Wire

Can the picture of these mystery cut wires indicate that the PO cut out the fuse box?

could that be why i cant get it started?

Sorry, just not that familiar with these Fords.....

Thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Folks,

I just bought a 2004 F250 6.0 as a fixer upper and completed the Heads / bolts / HPOP / EGR Delete.

Everything went pretty smooth, but now i can't get it started...

View attachment 21756

Can the picture of these mystery cut wires indicate that the PO cut out the fuse box?

could that be why i cant get it started?

Sorry, just not that familiar with these Fords.....

Thank you
Those haven't been cut. Our trucks come with those wires like that.

#11 ·
Yes thoes are pass through wires to your up-fitter switches so you dont have to poke any holes in the fire wall to run wires

#12 ·
Well, changed the IPR Valve and now she starts!!

I put when i bought it the oil was very milky and so was the coolant. I did my best to drain both, but now that i got it started, the oil and water got milky again.....

not as much as light as before, but i've only driven it 10 miles.

is it possible that the milkyness is caused by residual bad oil / water that i wasn't able to drain out?

if so how many oil and coolant changes can i expect before it clears up?

thanks!

#13 ·
Yea , it takes a few oil changes to get it all out . I usually use some cheap oil and do one after it runs about 10 min and and then check it again after running it a little again and repeat until the milky color is gone . Or take it to an oil change place and have it flushed . You will have to flush the coolant system .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.