Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need your help guys, Killswitch question

666 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Meattruck138 
#1 ·
My 2004 F350 has a remote kill switch that I would like to remove. Basically, I have to click a button on my key chain or the glowplugs wont prime. Being pretty new to diesel I'm try to isolate where to first start looking. I only have one of the kill switch buttons so if I lost it, I'd be a dead duck.

So recap:
If the button is not pressed and the key is switched to ON, I get all dash lights but NO COIL light. Press button and coil light comes on.

Someone here's gotta help me, it's bugging me that i cant find it and i sure as heck wont pay someone to do it if someone here has the knowhow :thumb:

#2 ·
The glow plugs are just to help start the motor when it's cold, so I doubt that is what is being killed.

I'm not familiar with the 6.0, but on the 7.3 there are two accessory circuits, perhaps they are killing one. Check under the dash for anything out of place with the wires going to the column.

Also, what brand is the kill switch, perhaps the installation instructions would point you in the right direction. :dunno:

#3 ·
Thanks for a reply, no brand on the key ring button and I can't find the module it's sending to, that would help a whole lot. Tomorrow after work Ill look closer under the dash and by the fuse panel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.