Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Quick fuel drain

950 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dell427 
#1 ·
Hello all, quick question.
Is anyone aware of a quick drain for frame mounted fuel/ water separators on the 6.0. I am familiar with the quick drain (like fumoto) oil filter drains such as the ones used on aircraft, but aircraft also use quick drain on the fuel tanks. The hex head is a little bit of a pain and messy, and after seeing all the threads about people not knowing how to drain the filter, seems it would save a great deal of aggravation (and money) for people if it was a simple task. I understand the EPA issue's (fuel on the ground) but there are easy ways to catch the fuel, and since it's recommended every month, it would probably save one or two injectors, pumps, ect for some readers. Perhaps their is a reason not to use a quick drain? Thoughts anyone????

#2 ·
This is about the only easy drain. I have one works nice expecially since someone stripped the plug before I got the truck.

HFCM Drain Plug at DieselManor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.