What is this worth? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What is this worth?

I have been lookin for a truck for a while now and im pretty stuck on it being a 250 or 350 7.3, 20,000 is about what i want to spend, I dont want to make a bad call so i figured you guys could give me your opinions on the situation and this particular truck. http://wwwheels.com/cfapps/bcar.cfm?id=2127903

It has 102000 miles, pretty clean, no leaks on the pan or hoses, sounds ok to me, has nice lookin but not typical dual magnaflow exhaust from the gas tank back, brake controller, power everything and cloth interior, new tires, i think that covers the basics.

originally i found it on cars.com and it said 21000 miles and i said i better get over there and get it, but i get there and its got over a 100000. HOW do you do business like that??? So i think 16000 (the window says 19995) would be an ok deal on the truck, also on the carfax it says it was a fleet truck, but y would it have the exhaust on it ? so maybe it was personal truck under a company name, not sure on that, either way let it rip. Thanks

Last edited by D&Mlandcare; 05-08-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Banned

i would think you were right about it being a personal truck under a company name.....companies dont put exhaust on trucks generally.........

as far as the truck itself....it looks very clean and diesels hold thier value....i think 16,000 would be a steal and 19-20k would be still a decent price. from what i can see on the pics and given it doesnt have a ton of miles....it looks like a good buy to me as long as it has all you are looking for........Marc
Old 05-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I agree with Marc, it'd probably be difficult for them to go down to 16,000.....but if you could get it to 17,500 or even below that I'd go for it....
Old 05-09-2006, 03:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ya, 16 would be a steal, but i just worry im gonna get the truck and a week later im gonna be puttin a lot into it, this guy could of been towing a 40 foot boat or a motorcycle, hard to say. they offer a 2 year warranty for 2600 bux, is that out of the question or somthing to think about? Is there any particular problems you guys know i should look for with this truck, also is there a way for me to see if it has been chipped? Thanks for the quick responses im sure the guys gonna be callin me all day
Old 05-09-2006, 04:04 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Welcome to Powerstroke.org D&M! Good luck with your purchase.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&Mlandcare
Ya, 16 would be a steal, but i just worry im gonna get the truck and a week later im gonna be puttin a lot into it, this guy could of been towing a 40 foot boat or a motorcycle, hard to say. they offer a 2 year warranty for 2600 bux, is that out of the question or somthing to think about? Is there any particular problems you guys know i should look for with this truck, also is there a way for me to see if it has been chipped? Thanks for the quick responses im sure the guys gonna be callin me all day
known problems.....make sure to check the water pump, they tend to go around 100k in a lot of 7.3's......check the valley for oil leaks as well as the starter area and the bottom of the bellhousing. all and all they are pretty solid trucks

as far as the warranty.....look it over carefully because most aftermarket warranties are worded so as to not cover a ton of things......be cautious with it and make sure its worth it......Marc
Old 05-09-2006, 07:18 AM
Conservative and Proud

Did you run the specs on Kelley Blue book? Just another avenue to look at?
Old 05-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I looked it over pretty well, the oil pan, trans, transfer case and radiator were all very dry, no stains from previous leaks, temp stayed on the money the whole test drive, water pump wasnt making any noise, but i guess thats life if that goes, steering was kinda lose, and i felt a very slight knock when i went back and forth with the wheel. Door lock is broke on pasenger side but he said he would fix the acuator. it sounded ok, not loud by the exhaust, but the engine was louder then my buddies 6.0 and i know its supposed to be. inside it was alot louder then the 6.0 too, but that doenst bother me if thats normal. keep the opinions coming im very happy to read them, thanks guys
Old 05-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Banned

sounds like a very solid truck.....it may have a few minor front end issues if the steering feels loose. the most expensive to fix would be ball joints, and another common thing is the short drag ling that attatches to the pitman arm on the gearbox getting a little sloppy. these things would need to be fixed if either of them is causeing the loose stearing to prevent tire wear.....but given it sounds like a really nice truck, thats pretty minor........the noise could be a few things.....there could be a little spring slap, that is easily cured by replacing some inexpensive plastic spring insilators......it could be a sway bar link also, but thats another cheap, easy thing to fix if you want and neither of those making a little noise will cause a problem.......other than that.....sounds like it is a good buy to me......Marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.