How Do You Wash These Beasts?! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2005, 04:57 AM
Gun Nut

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
How Do You Wash These Beasts?!

The title says it all. How does everyone wash their rigs - IF you do at all. My subdivision is fairly new so I've no large trees, my rig is black and I'm in Houston - NOT a good combination for getting out there with a soap bucket and sponge unless you heat stroke should be an Olympic swimming sport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2005, 08:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to purduefarmboy460
we got a couple really nice chains of automatics up here called Mike's Express and Boyz, they do a very good job, $13 bucks for the works... first thing on my chirstmas list! I don't seem to have the hand washing down. I have had a black truck too, hard to keep clean, especially around the farm
Old 09-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Gun Nut

Yeah I generally run it through the local brush less car wash but it doesn't do a very good job. You talk about keeping it clean on the farm - here's kind of a funny story for everyone;
About the first or second month I had the rig, my oldest daughter and I went out to our ranch to go deer hunting. Anyway, we were coming back to where I parked the truck and I got about 100 yards from it and noticed it looked funny......the closer I got the more I noticed it had "smear" marks all over it. I was in shock trying to figure out what had happened - this is OUR ranch, private property and I'm probably a mile from the front gate - WTF!!! When I finally got to it I figured it out - my brand spanking new truck had been the victim of a drive by licking.......or a walk by I guess. It seems the cows must have liked taste of the wax AND from what I can figure the salt from hands maybe because they licked EVERY door handle, tailgate handle and my gas cap, up one side and down the next. And not a one of them to be seen -
You should have seen the looks I got on the way home.......... :p
Old 09-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Military Member

Send a message via ICQ to jwiger Send a message via AIM to jwiger Send a message via MSN to jwiger Send a message via Yahoo to jwiger
I love the Mr. Clean auto dry washer my self. lucky for me i have a silver truck, which is pertty forgiving. unfortunatly i spent about an hour this weekend vacuming out the interior and on monday had to spend about 10 hours driving around a dusty range helping to train some pilots. you'd never guess my dash was clean on monday morning.

I gotta take pics and post 'em
Old 11-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Conservative and Proud

When I first bought this truck, I realized I needed a bigger cooler to stand on and loooooooong brush! Usually try to do it myself when weather/time allows. Only one car wash in this whole town (2nd largest in the state) that my truck/tires will fit in.

last time I was there (they had changed their tire rails), it took 10 minutes to get my tires seated correctly to go through Needless to say, haven't been back.

Hoping to find one in Central Oregon tomorrow (headed over for turkey day) that my truck will fit in (They even have ATM's for trucks too).

Anyone got any great ideas for removing puppy nose drip from the windows????
Old 11-22-2005, 09:13 AM

Rodslinger,

Don't you work in the Galleria area? I used to take my Mercedes to Bubbles on Westheimer (near Augusta) and they did a pretty decent job. A little pricey, but good for a thorough going over once a month.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to strokin' fool
Thumbs up Washing the rig!

I use an automatic car wash (we also have a Mike's car wash or a Water Works car wash) which works great! If you have no trees, you can buy one of those 10 X 10 or 12 X 12 canopy tents that you use in the back yard for get togethers and put it over the truck and let the truck cool down and then wash that part and then move the tent. I run a small detailing business on the side besides my day job and that is how I wax vehicles when there is no shade or garage available.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gear Jammer
I hand wash mine to big with the lift and tires it doesnt seem to fit in them auto car washes. I put a coat of wax on it and just dust it like once a week and it stays clean. But i do have a beater a 88 daktoa i drive back and fourth to work so it mostly just sits in the driveway.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:41 AM
Gun Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm Drowner
Rodslinger,

Don't you work in the Galleria area? I used to take my Mercedes to Bubbles on Westheimer (near Augusta) and they did a pretty decent job. A little pricey, but good for a thorough going over once a month.

Sorry I've been hunting all week with NO internet - somehow I survived.
Yeah Drowner I sure do. I'll take it by there and check 'em out, thanks!
Old 11-26-2005, 07:47 AM
Serving Our Country!

i get a ladder

i use a ladder with a long brush and then some special sponge for the rest of the rig... then i hand dry it and then i doll up the tires and wax the rig... it usually takes me 5-6 hours to do the whole thing... so i dont look forward to doing it very often, about once a month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.