6.7L Cummins, good bye old faithful! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7L Cummins, good bye old faithful!

I know this is a PSD forum, thats why this is in the general area. In the recent Diesel Power mag, there is a short bit on the replacement of the good old 5.9L Cummins thats been in service for ever. It is a 6.7L inline six that makes the same HP and TQ as the old engine. Its to meet new emissions(you know bigger engine less overall power) and the new fuel reulations coming down in the near future. It is supposed to be out starting with '07 trucks. Included with the engine is a new tranny and possibly a long bed version of the new mega cab truck. Can you imagine the size?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2006, 07:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I don't think that dodge will do an actual 8 foot bed simply for the reason that it would just be too daggone long. I do think that they will have a model with a longer bed that can better accomodate some of the larger 5th wheel trailers that the current megacab can't without risking trailer-cab contact. Something like a 7 foot bed might do the deed. I love a long bed and a huge cab though, so if they had a mega cab with a 8 foot bed and I could afford it i'd probably buy it! As for the engine I'm sure they'll waste no time pulling extra ponies from it. Amazing, I've lugged my engine in way low gears trying to get it to smoke and it won't do it......and they're still gettin crap from the government on emissions!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:46 PM

Well I've read a few things on having a longer bed with the mega cab, its actually only 12 inches longer than fords crew cab. And exactly what you said, the 5th wheel thing is the problem. That motor is already said to be at like 610 ft. lbs. and 300 or 325 hp, whatever the current 5.9 is I don't have the article in front of me.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
You would think that with more displacement that emissions would go up.....I don't know, I don't understand how it all works but I trust Cummins will not let cummins fans down with a somewhat problem plauged engine like ford did switching to the 6.0......and jeez......12 inches longer.....wow I thought it was a pain to park my cc/lb 250 when I had it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.