drag racing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2005, 06:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
drag racing

I'm gonna try and make it to test and tune day this weekend to see what the Harley will run and calculate HP. Any advise on launching?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2005, 07:58 AM
Vinyl Sticker Guy

Use a big rubberband! J/K! I know some people start off in 4WD. Some people also start off by liquifying their tires. Whatever you are comfortable with.

Are the Harleys tuned different than the regular Super Duty's? Or is the Harley Edition all about the style?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:18 AM

Definetly style. The interior is all Harley. Guages, the windheild has little harley emblems, two tone leather seats with Harley emblems, carbon fiber trim with little emblems, floor matts, center leather console with Harley emblem and VIN plate, color matched bumbers, chrome running boards with Harley foot pads, bad *** grill, 20" rims with Harley markings and the torch red flames. The tuck is Lariat with the Harley package. I think I'm gonna skip the burnout since I don't believe it will make street radials any stickier. Never did on my Mustang any way. I was just wondering what rpm I should preload with. I'll try a few different launches before I get down there I guess.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Military Member

Send a message via ICQ to jwiger Send a message via AIM to jwiger Send a message via MSN to jwiger Send a message via Yahoo to jwiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottytom
Any advise on launching?
drive around the water box to keep the tires as dry as possible. Pull up into the first staging lights, switch to 4x4, begin to power brake and creep into the second staging light mash the brake and throttle and launch when ready. the more boost you have when you launch the harder you'll pull.

i switch back to 4x2 at around 25-20MPH

also i recomend dumping all the weight you can, tail gate, spare tire, even the junk in the glove box and go poop before you run. it all adds up! and i know Rodslinger will agree.

most of all have fun and keep good records. a truck like ours can do well in brackets.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:46 AM

Thanks James. That looks like lava in your picture. Is that out at the Pakalua Training Area?
Old 09-23-2005, 01:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Harley Truck
usually very true James, but with the torque these produce i doubt taking a **** is gonna help his . lol :p i might consider lowering the tailgate though. Also, have you took your rig to the track? i keep trying to find out how bad (or not bad) it is for the truck to switch from 4wd to 2wd when putting such a load down. the way you described it sounds like the ideal way to make a run, but if its no good for trannys/T-cases and such, then i wouldnt even bother with it. I wish i could take my dads truck to the track to try some things. make sure your a/c is off too. i usually turn off radio too just for added concentration on things i might need to hear.

good luck and be sure to report back with your times!!!
Old 09-24-2005, 07:36 AM
Military Member

Send a message via ICQ to jwiger Send a message via AIM to jwiger Send a message via MSN to jwiger Send a message via Yahoo to jwiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottytom
Thanks James. That looks like lava in your picture. Is that out at the Pakalua Training Area?
Yes that picture was taken out at PTA, actually just a little East down the high way a little. and it was taken a long time ago. June of 2000 i believe.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:55 PM

It's been a while since I was there also. I was in the 1st Attack Battalion on Wheeler back in 95-98. That antenna looks like the UHF type, are you a scout? Keep up the good work.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:03 AM
Military Member

Good eye, it is a UHF radio a PRC-113 specificly and you could say i'm a scout.

this place has all of the answers regarding what i do http://ROMAD.com
Old 09-25-2005, 08:01 AM

Looks like a pretty cool job for being in the AF and all. I miss the good ol days sending mickies and doin live fire exersisses with the A-10's, F-16's and our retired AH-1F's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.