HELP! Im sucking large amounts of oil into my turbo. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question HELP! Im sucking large amounts of oil into my turbo.

I have a 20007.3l F-250 with 210,000 miles on her. Im having trouble with large amounts of oil being sucked from the valve cover into the turbo via the intake tube. I bypassed the intake tube for just a few minutes abd blew abou t a quart or more of oil out of the motor. What i did was attach a 1 foot pice of hose to the valve cover and put a breather cap on it and started the motor and soon oil just started pouring out of it. Has anyone heard of this? If so what do I do???? any info would be great. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i would definately take this to a diesel repair shop for final diagnosis......but from what you told me, you have a very excessive amount of crankcase pressure in your motor causing the pressure to be forced out the easiest path it can take....which is through the breather on the left hand vavle cover which also has a lot of oil in the area..........

this indicates a high possibility of "blowby" which essentually means the rings on your pistons are no longer sealing properly and thus some of the pressure is entering the crankcase. the cause could be many things if this does end up being the issue. it could be a low pressure oil pump that can no longer deliver enough oil at some lower RPM ranges......although this is unlikely because you would probably be having problems with your fuel system also...........but the most common causes are dirt entering the air intake system, which can also be seen by looking at the vaines of the turbo after taking off the air intake from the turbo......or lack of maintanence.....amongst a few other mechanical things also.........

bottom like is someone who knows what they are doing needs to look at it, because i would hate to condemn a motor on here for sure without someone physically looking at a truck first.......Marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.