Hurricane Time - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2005, 03:47 AM
Gun Nut

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Hurricane Time

Well this stinks. My first time having to deal with one of theses things. I don't know if this is normal, or if everyone is way over reacting but the stores are completely EMPTY of all essential items. It's like a friggin mad house around here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Vinyl Sticker Guy

My dad is a firm believer in stocking up on toilet paper in case of an emergency. He says thats the first thing that disapears in the stores. You guys gonna be ok down there? If you need a place to stay, come on up!
Old 09-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Gun Nut

Thanks lem! I think we'll be fine. I'm sending the wife and kids out of town but unfortunately I have to stay.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Gun Nut

Well crud - looks like this is going worse than we thought. Y'all cross your fingers and we'll talk to y'all soon!
You know combat was much easier......albeit a bit different. I'm sure James can attest to - the problem with the civilian world is it seems you prep for only things you expect to happen. This is actually amazing to see transpire.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to turbotime Send a message via Skype™ to turbotime
Update Us!!!

I will have you in my prayers and hope for the best. PLEASE keep us updated as I will worry away about this. Can you possibly LEAVE????

God bless you and your family
Old 09-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Exclamation

Prayers sent to you Rodslinger and all the folks down there!!! It looks like it is going to be really bad!! Can you leave?? You need to stay safe and sound for your families sake. Please keep us posted!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Gun Nut

Hey everyone! Thank y'all SO much! I sent my wife and kids off to her parents near Ft. Hood - the 3 hour drive took them about 10 hours but they made it safe. My office needed me initially to be in a hotel near downtown across from my building to asses data network and phone infrastructure damage BUT they called before I left this morning and said it was too dangerous and wanted no one down there. It was too late for me to leave at that point, so I began to prepare to ride it out in my house. My best friend sent his wife and daughter with mine so he and I started preping.........don't feel sorry for us by no means......it's shortly after 1pm and he and I, having already done all we could do and watching the news, now know the storm is turning and unless something changes we'll be fine. It's bitter sweet - I'm happy we'll be alright but at the same time I feel for the people that will be hit because I know how I've felt up to this point. This really stinks.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Vinyl Sticker Guy

Hey man, I'm with the ladies on this one, if you can leave, that might be a good idea. Will be praying for you.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Gun Nut

Oh I know. I know y'all are right but there is no way to get out anymore. But it was a DIRECT hit on us up until the late afternoon briefing. Now Rita seems to be REALLY turning away from us.
There is literally ZERO gas in this city. I've been topping off with fuel every day for the past few days, just to be on the safe side. I went to top off yesterday and the station I went to was out of gas but like most stations diesel was fairly plentiful. I pulled in to fuel up and people flocked around me thinking I'd found some magical gas pump. I had to tell them I was getting diesel not gas and the look in all their faces. I just feel so bad. I gave my neighbor all the gas I had in cans so he could leave but he and his family won't get far -
Heck I'll be fine it's everyone around me I'm worried about.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to purduefarmboy460
thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
God Bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.