05-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Join Date: Jun 2008
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brake Pads: EBC vs. Hawk
Time for new brake pads, and I've come across EBC and Hawk. From my reading, it appears the ideal brake pads are either EDC Green Supreme or Hawk LTS.
The EDC Green Supreme is ceramic. The Hawk LTS is carbon-ferro composite. Not sure of the pro/cons, and which pads will be best for my application.
I'd like the best brakes for:
- Increase stopping power for towing a boat
- Salt water / corrosion resistant
- Stop/go traffic
- Occasionally tow over mountain pass
- Good brakes when wet/raining
- Won't cause excessive rotor wear
- Hope to get the truck to stop like a car
I don't drive or tow a lot, so frequent pad replacements isn't a top concern.
I don't keep my truck clean, so brake dust isn't a top concern.
From what I've also read, PowerSlots with cryogenics seem to be best. If there's something else to consider, please let me know why.