dilemma - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 05:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Josh25
dilemma

So here is the dilemma. I own a 1995 suburban k1500 that has a 6" lift 35's etc, I owe 3200 on it. I've been wanting to buy a diesel for the past few years and I've posted on here potential trucks that never worked out and what not. Now I keep having to put money into my truck to keep it some what dependable and I am wantiing a diesel bad. However everytime I find some what of a decent deal I get screwed on trade in and then a truck that is a little more than private party now becomes to expensive to even consider. For example I looked at a 04 f250 4x4 crew cab short bed with a 100k work truck interior so no power windows etc. Asking price is 15995 and they won't deviate from price because they have to wash my negative into the truck. Now that is to much in my opinion for what the truck is base model etc.

I haven't had any luck selling truck out right. Its registered in WA and I'm in CA now and I'm pretty sure the truck won't pass CA emission testing so no one has interest plus it sucks the gas so with economy the way it is hard to sell a truck like I have. What do you guys suggest I do cause I'm ready to pull my hair out trying to join the diesel community and I can't seem to do that. Oh and I was trying to get into something that I wouldn't pay more than 350 a month for that has potential to get better than 10mpg.

Last edited by Josh25; 11-27-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2009, 05:36 PM

I was looking at the 99-02's with the 7.3 for cost purposes. I figured if I could score a good deal on a crew cab and liked it then later down the road I could upgrade to newer seats etc for better comfort. I want to try and get me a truck that I can keep for a long time but can't afford a lot of whats out there.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

man, you shoulda jumped on the cash for clunkers bandwagon when it was available. coulda got $4500 for your truck right? you should be able to sell it for what you owe if you do private party sale. try craigslist or auto trader. people still love your truck style.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to nccatfan
Ditto on the craigslist idea. Keep reposting it untill it sells. Took twice to sell my '94.5 F250. Tax season is coming too, so more poeple will likely be scouting the market.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ewils35
like what jeff said, best way to get hte most money for your truck is autotrader, cars.com, or craigslist.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:29 PM

I'm gonna keep running it on CL but like I said I'm in CA so for me to sell it private party I have to get it up to par with CA emission requirements. I know the exhause will fail it for sure and lord knows what else. That is why I would rather just trade it in and not fool with it. I mean I may have to shell out 1k to fix it to sell private party for what I owe or just take a 1-1.5k loose on trade but like I said the trucks here in this area at dealers they love them and won't deal with price because of my trade. Private party sells out here have some nice trucks with pretty good deals but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. If I wanted to just trade in for a decent F150 for example I can do that easier with a nicer truck and less money. All the diesels at lots at 15k and less I just can't bring myself to spend that much on it because of either the package it has or condition or combination of the two. I'm gonna keep trying. I thought of just doing a f150 for now and then waiting for a couple years and give it to the wife and take her car and trade it for a diesel then, I don't know.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:05 PM

So I came really close to signing papers on a Harley. Was thinking it would be a sweat ride and same me some $ on gas but I wouldn't really save any money on the note so I backed out. I'd love to have a bike but for simplicity purposes I believe just replacing my suburban with a truck would be best. I'm starting to see a few more deals out there now that we're getting closer to tax season hopefully someone either picks mine up or I can get a decent enough deal and just trade it in.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:53 PM

1993 ford f350,crew,DIESEL,4x4,5sp,lifted

I've also considered going older but I would perfer a newer superduty.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:43 PM

whats the mileage on that truck, it said call or email so im guessing its pretty high, but it looks good on the outside but that doesnt mean junk about the motor.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:58 AM

Well a few other options came up for me. I'm so back and forth with decisions its not even funny. I picked up a new cat for my truck to try and get it up to par with emission standards to sell. I haven't installed it yet but I did end up having to change the water pump and now I believe my radiator may be leaking.

So all that being said I know you guys won't be a big fan of this but I found a guy locally that does cummins conversions and he quoted me a price of 4500 to do a 6bt conversion in my burban. As cool as that is and cheap I've been considering doing it. Although I have seen where in the LA area and Riverside area I can pick up a excursion diesel between 10k-16k miles between 100k-200k. They have a few 7.3 liter's.

I myself bounce around between a few of these forums of course I'm currently apart of a chevy forum and also a cummins forum. I spend a lot of time trying to pick out and decide the right truck/suv for me and I can't never seem to be able to decide. Depending on my needs for that week usually changes things for me. The number 1 thing about all of this is I want to drive a diesel regardless what truck it is. That being said at times I really think the excursion or suburban cummins is the way to go since I rairly if ever need a pick up bed. However I do own a honda atv and no trailer right now.

As partial I am to the cummins my latest idea came to me last night. If I'm willing to do it in my suburban why not pick up a excursion 4x4 diesel roll it for a couple years or until a majoy problem happens then do a cummins conversion in it. At least that way I'll already have the heavier duty frame/suspension and the creatur comforts in the interior. So my rant on this is over for the moment please pass on any insite advice comments you have to me I'm bored at work on xmas day and dreaming of a coal burning vehicle to ride home in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.