6.0 woes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 woes

New to this site after searching madly for problems with the 6.0 online. Figured by the time the '06 came out they might have most of the problems worked out.....Well, I got an '06....great truck...til it broke. Same problem, different year....starting problems.(Not to mention a few new issues regarding the speedometer) Dealers got the truck, dealer's got no answers, let alone any idea of when I get my truck back. I'm sure someone out there can tell me what are my chances ( in the event Ford fixes it right ) of not having a continual problem?? There are no mods on the truck(yet) so ford takes the blame,yet again, for this blunder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Banned

what issues are you having??
Old 03-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Won't start after being run, and after being cold(common) , They said it works fine, then said it was the fuel pump, so they installed a new one...come to find out they never installed it, but I've got the cab off and the engine is torn down for an internal leak...O-ring?
The speedometer has a mind of its own...one day it's fine, the next it zeros off at 50...get some speed and it's buried on 100. oh, and the control head for the ac is fried...
Old 03-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ow32382
Won't start after being run, and after being cold(common) , They said it works fine, then said it was the fuel pump, so they installed a new one...come to find out they never installed it, but I've got the cab off and the engine is torn down for an internal leak...O-ring?
The speedometer has a mind of its own...one day it's fine, the next it zeros off at 50...get some speed and it's buried on 100. oh, and the control head for the ac is fried...
the no start after a hot soak is the high presure oil pump quick connect fitting at the outlet having a blown white teflon o ring........check the runout in the rear end tone ring.....ive seen a few problems with those causing wiered ABS and speedo problems....and i have not seen the controll head issues....that is a new one for me........Marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.