Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help and advice

715 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  PowerSmoke07 
#1 ·
Looking for some advice and help, I have a 0-30k budget and can't decide between a 6.0 or a 6.4. I know about all the pros and cons with both trucks. Either one the mileage will be no more than 140k. All I want is a 500 hp daily driver. It's either a completely stock 6.4 that was taken care of and maintained correctly and I do the dpf delete and egr delete and tuner and hope that it lasts awhile and nothing goes wrong or a 6.0 that I bulletproof and then build to 500 hp. The 6.4 is less money and easier to get there but I feel like buying used is taking a risk because you never know. What do you think?

#4 ·
Looks like you want to choose A or B but the answer is C! With $30k I'd probably go with a 6.7 too but you can find a smokin' deal on a 6.0 and build it for way less and save the rest of that $30k. Yeah, buying used is a bit of a gamble but check it over super close and if any problems get by you, you're probably going to find and fix them during your build process anyway!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.