motorcycles ?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
motorcycles ??

Im thinking about getting a bike. What do you all ride and what would you recommend. I dont have much experiance so Ill need some advice. The thing is all my buddies ride for years now and have 750/1000 cc crotch rockets. Heres the trouble with their advice they all think because Im a big guy 6.3 @285 I should get a 1000cc right off the hop. I was thinking about getting a 600cc and then when I outgrow it Ill give it to my girlfriend as she also wants a bike. I would like to hear some advice from experianced guys thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

My first bike was 900 ninja its kinda like theses truck cept ur right hand controls the gas fast pedal/handle. I would so do it get a big one if you know ur gonna want it just take it easy till u feel comfortable
Old 11-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Banned

thanks for the advice. Thats kinda what I was thinking but I don't want to be over confident
Old 11-12-2009, 05:17 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i have a R6 and im only like 150 i pretty small and i have been riding for a while and would like to have a 1000 so i would go for it cause you would out grow the 600 to quick i think
Old 11-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Banned

Thanks guys Thats kinda where I was going with my decision. Im looking at a used 09 gsx r 1000 tomorrow
Old 11-12-2009, 05:22 PM

ihave a hayabusa its my second, and i would never buy a big bike just because your big...start on a 600(used) and work your way up....youll only be doing yourself a favor[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by busa; 11-12-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:22 PM

look at it this way. If your going to spend the cash and you get a 600 but its not enough...end of story. Its just not enough. If you get a 1000 you dont have to give it hell, you can ride it like a 600. But you cant ride a 600 like a 1000. Good luck man
Old 11-12-2009, 05:26 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The only problem with starting on a liter bike is if it scares you, you will never be comfortable riding it. You would be surprised how much power you can get out of a new 600cc sport bike. One of the guys I work with is 6' 250lbs body builder type and he rode Kawi 636 for several years. He just sold it to get married and is planning on moving to a cruiser. A GSXR 750 is an awesome balance of big power on a small bike. I only weigh 200lbs and am 6' tall but I rode a 600 CBR RR for 2 years. Tha bike was quick enough that I scared myself a few times.

Jumping on a 1000cc crotch rocket for a first bike would be live giving a 16yr old kid a Ferrari, a crash in inevitable and it will probably happen at high speeds.

These new bikes are so close in specs that the difference is all about the rider. What feels most comfortable and what do you like to look at should determine your choice.

Stay safe and keep the rubber side down.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:27 PM

no you work your way up by used trade in and up/////hell tell your buddy to let you ride his 1k ..very true that it only goes as fast as you turn the throttle but i still think it wise to to go lower for a first bike
Old 11-12-2009, 05:29 PM

jmart is right the 600s today are smoking fast and the 750s are nothing to sneeze at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.