I'm looking to buy a 2nd diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm looking to buy a 2nd diesel

Ok guys I've been wanting to get another diesel for awhile now for the wife. I found an 04' Excursion with the 6.0 and I found a King Ranch F250 for pretty cheap. Even though I've had my F350 for awhile I still feel leary about buying another one. Especially the 04' 6.0's. After hearing about all the trouble with the injectors.

What should I do or look for to know I'm not gonna get stuck with problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2009, 12:59 PM

What year is the King Ranch? The same? I stay away from 03-04 years at all cost (even though there will be some guys on here saying that's not the case). You want to be safe just stay away from those two model years the most.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:14 PM

mines for sale very easy for her to drive. has a great turning radius
Old 10-07-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagmanf350 View Post
What year is the King Ranch? The same? I stay away from 03-04 years at all cost (even though there will be some guys on here saying that's not the case). You want to be safe just stay away from those two model years the most.
Yea they are both 04' models. I hear what you saying, Maybe thats why the King is so cheap @ $16k with 60k miles, and the Excursion is around the same price with 90k miles. But I know the Ex have low dealer resale value.

I just hate passing on deals that good like I did the first time with an 05' SD CC Lariat 4x4 with 95k miles for $17k. But I guess one will come back around.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamstoyz View Post
mines for sale very easy for her to drive. has a great turning radius
She's no beginner to driving big trucks, she grew up in the rodeo circuit. Horse trailers and all. Plus I need to trade in the envoy on it and we need a crew cab.

Thanks for the offer tho.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:33 PM

I was also wondering is it just the 04' models or is it the 03' as well?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:00 PM

Both my friend. Do an autotrader search of f250s with a diesel engines from years 2001-2008 when you get the results back you'll notice that most trucks for sale will be 2003-04 model year trucks. You will also notice that these very trucks with same or less mileage as lets say an 05-06 but are priced about 4-6gs lower than an 05-06, this is for a reason. BTW what year is your truck? looks like an 02. I'm currently debating getting a 6.0 because I need a crew cab right now but I'm not sure. If I buy a truck I like to buy as new as possible but I don't want to spend 30+ on a 6.4 plus I want to get the new 6.7 in two years. From everything I've heard about the 6.0s its hit or miss but the 05+ model years seem to have less problems. Good luck man.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:12 PM

My truck is an 03, but i have the 7.3. I found it on ebay about 2 1/2 yrs ago for 18k with 163k miles from a wholeseller out of Houston. I've some problems with it but nothing the guys on here couldn't help me with. The torque converter went out was the only thing I had to bring it to the shop for. I love my truck that's why I want to get one for the wife, among some other reasons.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Baller1771
Quote:
Originally Posted by scagmanf350 View Post
id have to disagree, I have an 03 with 70k on it with almost no problems. I had to change a seal on the tranny, do ball joints and thats it. I have been running Erics extreme race tune for about 40k and have never had any issues with studs or injectors. My 03 is a tank!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.