Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Never Forget Those Who Gave All

634 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  cthurston09 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Cannot agree more. RIP James "Gabby" Hopkins.

Reactions: SparkyF250
#3 · (Edited)
A lot of guys never made it home. Some came home without all their parts. And too many are crapped on when they get home. 22 vets a day commit suicide, that's 22 too many! Way too many people think this is just a fun day to start the summer, that it's all about fishing, bbq, swimming etc. It's called Memorial Day. It's a day as a Memorial for those who made the ultimate sacrifice for all of our freedom. My family has served since WWI, but for me I had an uncle who I never got to meet, he was MIA presumed KIA in Korea. They are still finding guys there and slowly getting them home. Not uncle George. My dad and my aunts have all passed by now and never knew for sure about their brother.
So RIP uncle George, and may God bless all the families of those who lost loved ones serving our great nation.

:usa: FREEDOM ISN'T FREE, It was bought and paid for with blood

#6 ·
I served in the peacetime Army but I can't imagine the lives of service members and their families since 9/11. Nor can I imagine the life of my father who served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Fighting in three wars took its toll because he took his own life before I was old enough to really know him. As I close in on my 50th birthday, hardly a day goes by that I don't think of him and think about how my life might be different if I'd grown up knowing him. On the other hand I think about how different all our lives might be if he and the countless others who have sacrificed so much hadn't answered when their country called.

God bless all those who serve and their families, past, present and future!

:flag:

#8 ·
I have two close friends that were killed. One Oct 6, 2014, the same day my son was born, he had just gotta out of the Marine Corps a few months prior. Made it through 4 years and a deployment and was killed at a bar. Another killed May 12, 2015. He was in Nepal doing humanitarian relief from the earthquake. Huey crew chief. Last com was that they had a fuel issue, a week later the bird was found along with all 6 bodies. RIP Cpl Miguel Delacruz and SGT Mark Johnson IV. There are countless others but those two hit closest to home

Reactions: SparkyF250
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.