Remote Start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2006, 07:24 AM
Gun Nut

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Remote Start

Well I got my yearly "sorry we couldn't give you more" bonus the other day and decided to drop it on my rig. I've been wanting a remote starter and wanted the windows tinted a bit more. Anyway I got a Prestige alarm/remote start put on her - MAN it's sweet! It's got some pretty neat add on features one that I thought was really neat was - I can set it to automatically cut on when the temp gets to a certain degree......of course in Texas that would have to be above 70 for that to ever be needed!
Anyway just thought I'd share. Having the ability to crank her up from inside the house while I'm getting ready in the mornin', or from the 5th floor of my office building and have her running while I'm coming down is nice. Installed it was $380.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2006, 07:30 AM
Conservative and Proud

Sounds like it's priced pretty reasonably!
Old 03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodslinger
Well I got my yearly "sorry we couldn't give you more" bonus the other day and decided to drop it on my rig. I've been wanting a remote starter and wanted the windows tinted a bit more. Anyway I got a Prestige alarm/remote start put on her - MAN it's sweet! It's got some pretty neat add on features one that I thought was really neat was - I can set it to automatically cut on when the temp gets to a certain degree......of course in Texas that would have to be above 70 for that to ever be needed!
Anyway just thought I'd share. Having the ability to crank her up from inside the house while I'm getting ready in the mornin', or from the 5th floor of my office building and have her running while I'm coming down is nice. Installed it was $380.
Hey Rodslinger, is there a web site I can get on to check this out? Sounds like a pretty sweet contraption.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Gun Nut

Hey Deeno!!!!! Sorry one of my nephews is named Dean - I've got a new nick-name for him now thanks to you.
Here it the link to the model;

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/s...4996&langId=-1
Old 03-01-2006, 04:58 PM

Since youre in Texas you could set the temp so that if it gets to hot to come on for you so the A/C is nice and cold when you get in.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to wapp11 Send a message via MSN to wapp11 Send a message via Yahoo to wapp11
Yes, I agree, it is the greatest $350 I ever spent. I live in Northern Indiana, so I get to use it to its full potential. Nothing better then going to a warm truck.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:26 AM
Gun Nut

Got that right lilred! Course I'd have to set it REALLY high - it's got another cool feature where I can hit two buttons and it'll tell me the temp inside my vehicle. I parked in the outside parking garage yesterday at works and the temp outside was in the 70's but inside my rig it was 105.
I had the place that installed the alarm also crank the tint up. It not only looks awesome on my black rig but hopefully it'll cut down on at least SOME of that heat in this good ol Texas summer.
I'm with you on wap11 - everywhere I read everyone was saying it was one of the best investments they'd spent on their diesel.
Kudos to Kool Kars in Katy Texas (lots of K's there) - they hooked me up. It took 'em 6 hours to do everything but they did a great job.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:54 PM

Hate to tell you this but the blacker the tint the more heat it holds in. I had a 96 reg cab that had 1% tint and it was so much hotter than then when I only had 35%. And before anybody says you cant get tint that dark, thats what happens when you put two layers of 3% and the cops pull you over and check with their little meter.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:58 AM
Gun Nut

All the research that I did said that blocking light which causes heat helps - actually I just went back to that same site and they say up to 60% cooler.

1%?! I bet it SUCKED seeing out that ant night.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:28 AM

I have had vehicles without tint and then put 35 on it and noticed it was much cooler in the evening when I left work. I then tinted the back limo and noticed an even bigger drop. I wish I would have had a temp gauge to measure it with. Get inside a vehicle with no tint and stick your hand near the window and feel the heat coming in and then do the same with a vehicle that has tint. Sorry to say it but I don't beleive it holds more heat when it has tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.