Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Which tuner?

813 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ZALATX 
#1 · (Edited)
For a powerstroke 6.4... Is there a difference in the h&s tuners on the market today versus a few years ago? I thought I read to get the "race" one even if one is not going to be racing, but didn't know anything else. Want to make sure when I get a h&s or a spartan I get the right one with good tunes

#3 ·
They are out there. Probably in the garage recovering from the love attach yesterday. I don't have any input because my mini maxx will be in tomorrow. I don't believe there are any changes in the old vs the new. They both do the same as far as deletes. Some guys like the Spartan better for the power output, the only bad thing with those is they don't have the ability to accept custom tuning... yet. :look: :poke

Others will chime in, just give them some time. Also, the place we are at the most is in here. Feel free to comment in there.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-4l-discussion/764946-what-did-you-do-your-6-4-today.html

#4 ·
The race tuners are the "newer" delete capable tuners. A street tuner will not allow you to get rid of the EGR or the DPF unless you get it unlocked/custom tunes for it from a third party vendor at an additional cost. Believe the going rate was about $500 to make a street tuner into a race tuner.

#5 ·
I feel like you really can't go wrong with either. I have a Spartan and I love it! I am really looking forward to their available SOTF and custom tuning. I have a buddy who has an H&S Mini Max and it is great too, the display is a little small but I would say that is the only complaint. It is really personal preference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.