Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Canadian Chapter

561 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Joel 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow Canadians,

I see lots of our friends to the south have various chapters and groups in the areas, but I haven't seen one for Canada. So, I thought I'd start one up today. Small country by population, and thought we could help each other out coast to coast, make new friends, Talk about what ever the day brings us in our big land. Or just complain about the cold weather in February! Or maybe talk about your trucks?...

I'll start, I started on powerstrokes a few years ago now, after a few bad experiences with GM trucks. And got hooked! Always liked working on and around diesels, all heavy equipment experience before my first 6.0. I've been working on diesels since I was 12 on an old Massy 35. Spent a few thousand hours on the machine cutting grass and fixing it every second day to keep it going... Since then I have been working on and around various diesels all my life. Mostly heavy equipment. And off roading trucks in various ridiculous spots across the country...!

Before I go on and on... Let's just see how many of us are on here.. And where this goes. Or is there already a chapter that I haven't seen???

See less See more
#2 ·
There isn't a Canadian chapter here, so if you would like to start an official one here let me know and I can help you out.

Please go to the general chapter section and read the org guidelines for an official chapter here. You can also go to some of the other chapter sections and read their rules and regulations to see what others have done.

#4 · (Edited)
Ok, just read the requirements. Maybe instead of a chapter off the get go here, we should rename this thread, or start a thread ... Canadian Chat ... For now, just to generate interest? Test the waters so to speak.

Any other Cnadians out there interested? Must be somebody? Have this thread for Canadian issues with their trucks? Cold weather, govt, you name it? General canadian interest issues?

Before I try to start a chapter, we will have to have a min of 5 people interested.... Maybe I'll just keep this simple for now and see if anyone else has interest first.

So let me know. We need 5 people to get this Chapter started!

#3 ·
Thank you Rattlesnake, I appreciate it. Yes I would.

There must be enough to of us Canucks on here to warrant one?? I'm assuming the org is cool with that? I never thought to ask, my apologies.

To be perfectly honest I have no idea what I am doing though, or how to go about it! I just received a PM from another member offering his advice. I'll gladly accept any advice for this.

Ill spend some time reading the other chapters as you suggest, their rules, and the general guide lines and take it from there.

#6 ·
I'm not on here much, but I'm in.
It's doubtful that i'll find the thread though so if someone could tag me in it later that would be great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.