Turbo issues?!? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Turbo issues?!?

I have a 2011 Ford F250. I have recently added a 4 inch flow pro and H and S minimax tuner. I was recently driving home and the turbo gauge on the dash maxed out and the HMS tuner red zero boost. The turbo was not working at all. I pulled the codes off the H&s p0340 which I believe is the cam sensor failure and p06A7 which I believe is the map sensor failure code, I let the truck sit over night after getting the codes off of it. Went out to the truck in the morning and it started up and was running fine. I replaced the map sensor today and it was full of carbon. Drove the truck for about 20 miles and then once again the boost gauge in the truck went full-scale and the HNS went to zero boost in the turbo was not working. Again with the same codes. Any information and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2014, 06:49 PM

There is wiring connection on top of the intake..make sure its plugged in good. Forgot to plug mine back in when i did my delete,caused the same issue
Old 08-04-2014, 03:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

what plug are you talkin abt? i have look an i think i have made sure all conections are tight. it is really weird acting!! thanks for the info greatly app!
Old 08-04-2014, 11:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you are going to keep running the "H&S" Tuner, I would highly recommend looking at going to a different turbo like the Garrett GT-37 that is on the 2015trucks. Before long, your turbo is going to let go Sir.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yes thats what i am hearing abt the H&S tuner eating up the turbo on the 2011s.. im lookin for a turbo package to put on it now, thanks for the heads up!!
Old 08-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If i'm not mistaken, the early H&S tunes where killing turbos. They've long since change the tuning to stop that.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250guy42077 View Post
what plug are you talkin abt? i have look an i think i have made sure all conections are tight. it is really weird acting!! thanks for the info greatly app!
Its on top of the black plastic cover in the center of the engine
Old 08-04-2014, 06:48 PM

The one in between the heads, in front of the turbo is the plug I didn't get seated all the way and the truck was actin the fool.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
If i'm not mistaken, the early H&S tunes where killing turbos. They've long since change the tuning to stop that.
--------------------------------------------------------
Your right, they did make some changes to help that situation but the programmer still adds more fuel and timing and that in turn makes the small
Garrett GT-32 Twin ScrollTurbo overspeed which in turn eventually takes out the center bearing. The OP would be much better off changing to a more "robust" turbo such as the Garrett GT-37 or even a Schwitzer S-300 which has been used on some of the Ford SD 6.7 Diesels.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My 6.7L turbo blew at 60K after about 10k miles after i did the delete. had ford put in a new turbo should have upgraded. Is there an adjustment you can make to the turbo for the added boost the programmer gives it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.