What's my trucks current value? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dantron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What's my trucks current value?

So we all know that KBB and Edmunds are not the most accurate way to value a vehicle, either for trade or private party sale.

I know there are a lot of 2011, 2012, 2013 and even 14 owners that are considering trading their truck in on a 15 or even hold off until the 17 is released.

I'd like this thread to help people get an idea of what trade-in value as well as private party value is for their vehicle based on actually personal experience.

Many of you have already traded your trucks in on a newer model and I would like to know what value was it your trade based on the condition it was in, miles, and location.

So, I'll start. I would love to know what I can expect to get for my truck if I choose to trade it in or sell it.

I have:
2011 F250 Lariat
19,200 miles
Excellent condition
Aftermarket Nav
No sunroof
power memory package
Heavy service front suspension
Two tone

I'm not sure any of my added accessories will net me any additional money at a dealership, so I'm not going to list everything. I would probably remove most of the stuff and return it close to stock, except for the level and the tires.

I'm guessing I could get about $38k on trade at a Ford dealership and about $45 if I sell it outright to someone as a private party deal.

I could be way off. What's the opinion of the group?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 06:59 PM

Great thread. I wish I could keep my miles low. I average 1000K a week. I tend to trade between 12-14 months so my trucks don't drop to much in value.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I can tell you I just bought a 2011 F250 xlt CC 4X4 FX4 with 37K miles on it back in Feb. I went all over the place looking at the Big 3. mine was 38K out the door off the lot, it was not a ford lot but a used Lot in my area that specializes in trucks. I traded my 09 ram hemi longhorn and got 17.5K trade on that. I looked at 2 just like yours and on the same lot they were 45K asking price, which they don't budge on, both had mileage in the mid 20K range, so yeah I'd say 38K is a good number to trade it
Old 07-31-2014, 08:02 AM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Those numbers sound about right to me. I would wait for the 2017. The only real modifications on the 2015 are the turbo and maybe some fueling, which can still be attained on our trucks for probably 5 grand. The 2017 should be very interesting...
Heavy_GD likes this.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:46 AM

I looked at trading mine in last month. 2011 F250 lariat diesel. 52k miles and was offered 37500. I decided to try to sell it. I have had it listed for 42500 for a while now and haven't had much luck.

I think your trade in number is pretty spot on. Your private party estimate may be a little high based on my experience but in your region of the country there may be a stronger demand. Who knows. I am eastern NC.

I have pretty much decided just to keep mine for now.

Last edited by Bluwaterbrew84; 07-31-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:03 PM

Well, the oil field industry here in south Texas is booming, so the demand is high, but so is the inventory. I'll probably wait for the 2017 model and trade in, but I never buy the build 1 of any vehicle. So it would be early to mid 2017 until I buy it. I should only have around 35-40k miles by then so hopefully I'll still have a ton on value in it. Owning diesels is so much more rewarding when time to trade in vs. any gas car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.