Retrax Pro Tonneau Cover Owners - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2014, 07:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Retrax Pro Tonneau Cover Owners

I have narrowed my search down to the Retrax. The issue is I must purchase a Retrax Pro because my truck has an 8 foot bed. I spoke with Retrax and the reason I cannot purchase a Retrax One is because Lexan does not come in 8' sheets so one with a 8' bed must purchase the pro model, which is a aluminum top.

For those that have the Retrax Pro how easy does the top ding? We have alot of hail storms and such here in Texas and don't want to end up with a dinged up cover. I once owned a bak flip F1 and it has a fiberglass polymer reinforced top on the aluminum that keeps it from being dinged. I liked the Bak Flip but got really tired of flipping covers and they do get heavier the more panels one flips towards the cab.

Thanks in advance for any input.
LDGary likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2014, 07:24 AM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm interested to see how this works out for you. I've noticed multiple design flaws with BakFlip F1...
Old 07-25-2014, 07:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had a 2012 2500HD with the Bak Flip. It was an okay product but really started to show it's age after two years in the Texas sun. It leaked everytime it rained and when I folded it up to tow my 5th wheel the rubber pieces that separated the aluminum tops would rub together and really look bad.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:52 AM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm getting tired of the pull and fold procedure using that damn wire latch. I want to buy a tool chest, but I'm already dreading having to fold my way to it every time, especially when there are other tonneau covers out there which eliminate this sort of hassle. It would be nice to have a bed cover that didn't require the tailgate to be down either. I do like the flush appearance of the BakFlip F1 though..
Old 07-25-2014, 08:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
I'm getting tired of the pull and fold procedure using that damn wire latch. I want to buy a tool chest, but I'm already dreading having to fold my way to it every time, especially when there are other tonneau covers out there which eliminate this sort of hassle. It would be nice to have a bed cover that didn't require the tailgate to be down either. I do like the flush appearance of the BakFlip F1 though..
That is what lead me to the Retrax. A buddy of mine at work has one on his sb Ram truck and it was effortless to operate and the tailgate stayed locked. It can be opened and closed w/o opening the tailgate, which is a huge plus compared to the Bak Flip.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How is the Retrax different than the Roll Bak? A buddy of mine had the Roll Bak and it was a pretty useful accessory.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have the retrax pro and love it. Had it for over two years, no problems, no dings. No hail here either though. It looks pretty tough.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have had both. Retax pro on my 14 250 . Best covers I have ever seen.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had a pace edwards jackrabbit on my last truck which is very similar to retrax pro. Never had issues with it. Didn't ding at all and I carried stuff on top of it around jobsites. I am about to get a retrax one but I have a short bed. Good luck!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The pro will dent. Mine had a tiny one in it when I got it. I dont haul on top dont want any scratches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.