More shipping delays? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
More shipping delays?

Just curious if anyone else is dealing with this. I was told by Ford that my truck was supposed to be delivered between July 23-29. Now my dealer tells me today that Ford told them August 6th now as of this morning. I ask why the hell the date has changed and I was told shipping delays because of the weather in the Midwest. Funny because a week ago I was told it was already on a railcar and headed out this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2014, 04:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This may or may not find out any info more than what the dealer has told you....it may work with VIN, if not, try getting order number and Dealer code. Might not tell you anything more than dealer

Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com

know it took for ever to finally get my 15. Scheduled to deliver 28 May....finally arrived 30 June. And that was after a lot of complaining to Ford CS and the dealer calling also. I also called Norfolk Southern with the VIN asking them to check also. After all the complaining to Ford CS, they are suppose to be sending me the Prem Maintenance for free to cover 3 years or 45k miles.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

There are very real logistic issues on the rails these days with the increasing shipments of crude oil through the mid continent region particularly from the Bakken Shale in NODAK and MT down south to the refining centers. They are competing with coal and "normal freight". Meanwhile, Warren Buffett is laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I know it is frustrating, many have us have been there. However, it was not supposed to be there then.. that was an ETA, nothing is locked in stone. It is rare for an ETA to not be adjusted as it travels across the country and then for the shipping companies at the rail yards to then adjust their times.

It vary well could be on the rail, your dealer can see that in the computer but again, does not mean the arriving rail yard/port is not backed up. I would never trust an ETA that is projecting 3 weeks out, too many variables.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:37 AM

Mine was shipped early. Built June 19th. Shipped June 23rd. Arrived at Fort Worth Railyard from July 5th, sat on the yard until July 11th. Picked it up from the dealer July 11th in the evening. My buddies truck on the other hand was built 3 weeks before mine and he has yet to see his truck. Strange how some trucks come quick and some take forever.

Just wondering... Was your truck entered in when you ordered it as a sold order?

Last edited by Dzlbudman; 07-22-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:09 PM

Sorry to hear that. I ordered June 10 and it was at the dealer July 11.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:26 PM

Dang jcmer, we ordered the same day and got our truck the same day. That's crazy
Old 07-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I ordered mine May 30th and have yet to receive it. Now I am starting to wonder if something happened to it during transit like some of the others on here.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:09 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
our 2015 was ordered 1-26-2014 and was delivered 4-17-14 but it was a cab and chassis. normally when we order trucks its 6-8 weeks. cant believe some of you got yours in 4-5 weeks while others have waited months. weird
Old 07-29-2014, 03:30 PM

Any updates on your truck Army? My friend just was told his was at the dealer today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.