Pricing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pricing

I just talked a different dealer than the dealer I ordered from. I happened to go and look at Costco's pricing and they make you put your info in. This dealer called me 20 minutes later. I have a question. One, do all dealers do the Costco program? The reason I ask is, I had planned on going with the x plan pricing which came out to $61,650. The dealer that called me said they could sell at Costco pricing $1000 under the dealer invoice. The other dealers invoice was $61,621. Of course both plans are plus incentives at the time of purchase. My dilemma is, The one I ordered will be here mid August, I already have the vin. I would like to take this truck if the dealer will do the Costco price. I have not called them yet, I wanted read what you guy's thought. This other dealer is smaller than the one I ordered from and there only about 20 minutes further up the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrogersgsp View Post
I just talked a different dealer than the dealer I ordered from. I happened to go and look at Costco's pricing and they make you put your info in. This dealer called me 20 minutes later. I have a question. One, do all dealers do the Costco program? The reason I ask is, I had planned on going with the x plan pricing which came out to $61,650. The dealer that called me said they could sell at Costco pricing $1000 under the dealer invoice. The other dealers invoice was $61,621. Of course both plans are plus incentives at the time of purchase. My dilemma is, The one I ordered will be here mid August, I already have the vin. I would like to take this truck if the dealer will do the Costco price. I have not called them yet, I wanted read what you guy's thought. This other dealer is smaller than the one I ordered from and there only about 20 minutes further up the road.
So let me get this right. You negotiated a deal...gave a deposit...the dealer ordered the vehicle...and now you want to renegotiate the deal???
Old 07-14-2014, 03:45 PM

We did not negotiate anything yet. I gave them a deposit for placing an order I don't have to take, with full reimbursement. All they did was print out my order and I asked if they could show me the x plan pricing for that truck, which they did. I'm just trying to get the best deal I can.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Interesting. The vehicles I've ordered in the past were not ordered without the negotiation. If I may ask, what is the invoice price of the vehicle you ordered?
Old 07-14-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougstdig View Post
Interesting. The vehicles I've ordered in the past were not ordered without the negotiation. If I may ask, what is the invoice price of the vehicle you ordered?
Xplan is non negotiable so I can see his point however if I put a deposit down and had them order a truck, I would not be shopping elsewhere to stick it to the dealer even with the deposit being refundable.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:55 PM

I'm not shopping around.I had read a post on FTE and someone mentioned they got Costco pricing and it was lower than x plan, so I went to look up how much lower they where. I did not expect another dealer to call me. The salesman that called me offered the info.I actually didn't even mention anything about the truck I ordered. The MSRP for the truck is $66,745 and the invoice is $61621. The x plan is $61650. My 2012 I ordered from this dealer and I was satisfied with the price and customer service.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:18 PM

If you are not shopping around, then call the dealer you ordered through and see if they accept costco pricing. Only they will be able to tell you whether they do or not.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:31 PM

I work for Costco and the way it works is that in your area there will be a dealer that is part of the Costco Auto buying program, that is the dealer that will give you the preferred/special pricing. When I was looking at my local Ford which is part of the program they added in the Costco Auto buying program and then added in a bunch of incentive's on top of that, basically they went from a $59K truck down to 52K without any negotiating.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I guess it's all about you. What you may feel comfortable paying I may not and vise versa. Ultimately if you don't feel comfortable with what you spent, no matter how much you like the vehicle, you wont feel right.

Depending on where you are in the country... an example of what I take as a no haggle price is from a dealer in Vernon TX. The closest I could get to your price was on 2 trucks...

MSRP $65,930
Our Price
$58,155
You Save:
$7,775

and

MSRP $67,320
Our Price
$59,257
You Save:
$8,063

These prices are on Platinum addition F350's... and comes with a "Forever" warranty on the drive train...parts and labor...unlimited time and mileage.

A 2014 Laramie 3500 mega cab dually is listed with:

MSRP $62,580
Our Price
$52,932
You Save:
$9,648
...often their Dodge stock has over 10K in savings...

I typically to into several dealers absolutely not expecting to by and I beat'em down. If I'm surprised great. I've actually had an F&I guy stand in the front corner of their show room and through a tantrum indicating he was going to lose money. I left there Tyler, TX and explained that I wouldn't feel right if I was the cause of a stroke or heart attack and nicely indicated I was leaving... 2.5 hours later I parked the exact same vehicle from a dealership in Dallas by the dealership's front door in tyler until the sales man walked out. I indicated he might want to look for a different dealer because the F&I guy caused him a commission. The f&I guy glared at me through the front window as I waved and drove off the lot.

I'm absolutely not opposed to the dealer making money. I am however strongly against them making 1 salesman's monthly commission on me in one deal. On a 60K truck they have a right to make money. If they're willing to go under invoice great, but it's not required for me to give them my business. The truck I have now...the dealer ended up making $178 of his dealer hold back. I was pretty stoked about that deal, but he offered it to me over the internet with no haggling. He was going after a quarterly fleet bonus, which he met... We both won on the deal. It was an '08 dodge 2500. Sticker was about $50K...I drove off the lot @ $38K with a 100K bumper to bumper warranty included.

If I like the guy I'm purchasing from and I'm treated well I will be more relaxed and will loosen up my purse strings a bit. If the sales guy or my over all experience sucks, I'll keep them their after they close and they'll want to get rid of me. Obviously I prefer the relaxed approach. Everybody wins... sorry for rambling...guess I was reminiscing a bit...lol

Last edited by Dougstdig; 07-14-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Premium Member

For reference, here's one to compare that has the forever warranty. Over $10K under MSRP.
New 2015 Ford Super Duty F-250 Platinum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.