Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

BDS 4in lift

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Ryistheguy 
#1 ·
well ive had the lift for a couple months now but been so busy with work i havent had time to come and post pics so here it is these are pics that i took the day it was done and havent taken anymore since so maybe ill get some better ones soon

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
how durable is that vinyl wrap? because yes basically the only thing left chrome on the truck is the bumpers, the steps which are going to be gone eventually for some AMP power steps and also the retarded chrome capped mirrors.

Ive got the delete kit and my stacks kit all lined up online just have to pull the trigger on it but ill probably look it over for another week just to make sure i have all the right stuff because im hesitant like that :please:

#4 ·
oh and if anyone knows a good source where i can get an H&S EGR delete kit a PM would be much appreciated im having issues finding a decent site that has them.

#5 ·
Vinyl wrap is more durable than paint in regards to being susceptible to chips and scratches. It should last longer than paint too, especially painted chrome. You can peel it off years later to reveal the original surface finish. I've bought some recently and have been messing around with it. The only things I've successfully wrapped were my emblems. I had my tailgate and grille done professionally. I can't seem to do large surfaces on my own without ended up with creases. It's very pliable though. An extra set of hands will go a long way..

I have a rather awesome way of getting rid of the chrome caps and improving the overall look of the mirror, if you're interested...

I remember hearing the EGR delete from H&S is the only one that doesn't recirculate coolant. It's worth look into...

#6 ·
im going to look into the vinyl wrap as my next project after the exhaust ( lets take this one project at a time lol)

lets hear your mirror story you got me interested.

which EGR delete kit do you recommend?

#7 ·
You buy ABS chrome mirror covers ($50) and have them painted to match ($50-$100). It gets rid of the chrome caps and textured plastic surface all together. Easy to install, simple to remove, and leaves the factory mirror untouched.

I'll probably end up with the kit from Bigrpwr (No Limit Fabrication). It recycles coolant, looks good, and reasonably priced.

#10 ·
im going to get more serious about that when my exhaust is done.

your not EGR deleted yet?

#8 ·
Truck looks awesome man! I cant wait till mines 4" taller.

How did you choose your shocks? I looked at BDS lifts and I'm just not sure what shock option I should settle on. I have been thinking Fox but I think its BC I ride Motocross. Then I saw you can get remote reservoir Fox and that even adds to the struggle haha.

13' CCSB FX4 6.7, 17"MB wheels, Cooper oversized all terrains, Amsoil 15w40 Diesel/Marine oil with Ea Oil Filter.

#9 ·
there wasnt an option for the resorvoir shocks when i chose mine or else i would have gotten them. i still may upgrade but these shocks are still really awesome i think the truck rides actually better than it did stock with these shocks and their not too expensive either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.