Rolling Coal - Tickets? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rolling Coal - Tickets?

Let's here your stories!

I was heading home tonight from dinner and had this guy riding my ***. Cruising at about 45, I shifted into manual while still in sixth and floored it for a few seconds. It didn't even phase the guy, so I did it again. This time I got a response! Never seen so many lights on the front of a suburban cruiser! He didn't pull me over, just flash his lights real quick and turned off on the next road.

I'm not a huge fan of laying soot but I do use it to my advantage sometimes when being followed to close.

Any run ins with the police over your mods?

2013 F250 6.7 CCSB Fully Loaded Lariat. H&S Mini Max, 5" down pipe back AFE exhaust, egr delete, S&B intake, Ranch Hand Brush Guard, Linex Spray in Bedliner, Recon Smoked Can/Side Mirror Lens, Limo Tint in the back, and legal up front!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvin View Post
Let's here your stories!

I was heading home tonight from dinner and had this guy riding my ***. Cruising at about 45, I shifted into manual while still in sixth and floored it for a few seconds. It didn't even phase the guy, so I did it again. This time I got a response! Never seen so many lights on the front of a suburban cruiser! He didn't pull me over, just flash his lights real quick and turned off on the next road.

I'm not a huge fan of laying soot but I do use it to my advantage sometimes when being followed to close.

Any run ins with the police over your mods?

2013 F250 6.7 CCSB Fully Loaded Lariat. H&S Mini Max, 5" down pipe back AFE exhaust, egr delete, S&B intake, Ranch Hand Brush Guard, Linex Spray in Bedliner, Recon Smoked Can/Side Mirror Lens, Limo Tint in the back, and legal up front!
no but the more attention you draw to your self the more likely it is. guy i know in florida just got a ticket for illegal exhaust and tint and he just had to pay a fine and nothing more. it just depends i guess
Old 07-12-2014, 08:11 PM
Premium Member

My story...

I once had a an old diesel that smoked out anything in 100 yards of it... I pulled the engine and fixed it.

The end.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff-F350 For This Useful Post:
G.Beck (07-21-2014), hucorey (07-12-2014)
Old 07-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I blew smoke all over our campus police car once at the red light out of school once.... But then again, Im friends with the captain so he got a good laugh out of it. Plus turned his lights on and sirens.

BUT- I do not generally use my smoke screen..... I dont like being a jerk.... I want a custom tune to clean up the smoke as much as I can!!!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:02 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've only heard of one person (in-person) say they've received a ticket for smoke, but this will be an interesting thread...
Old 07-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Not that I'm that old...40's... but maybe it's my age, plus 10 years in law enforcement...years ago... but people just don't think. While you may think it's cool to smoke someone out going down the road, if that person or anyone else gets into an accident, hurts someone or does damage to property you're looking at penalties from very large fines up to going to the penitentiary. Is it really that cool or cool to give someone the idea to do it? What would happen if you came home and learned your parents or child was killed by someone doing this. Would it still be cool? Just trying to get you to think about what you're doing. Things that seem harmless can have very stiff ramifications...for the rest of your life. Driving is a privilege not a right. Everyone has the right to get home safe...

k...I'll get off my preaching stool now...

Last edited by Dougstdig; 07-12-2014 at 09:14 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dougstdig For This Useful Post:
Ajc722 (07-14-2014), c69ss396 (07-13-2014)
Old 07-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougstdig View Post
Not that I'm that old...40's... but maybe it's my age, plus 10 years in law enforcement...years ago... but people just don't think. While you may think it's cool to smoke someone out going down the road, if that person or anyone else gets into an accident, hurts someone or does damage to property you're looking at penalties from very large fines up to going to the penitentiary. Is it really that cool or cool to give someone the idea to do it? What would happen if you came home and learned your parents or child was killed by someone doing this. Would it still be cool? Just trying to get you to think about what you're doing. Things that seem harmless can have very stiff ramifications...for the rest of your life. Driving is a privilege not a right. Everyone has the right to get home safe...

k...I'll get off my preaching stool now...

Right on.
I never even though of that. Good point.
Dougstdig likes this.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:08 PM
POWERCHOKER

You could face even more stiff ramifications while you are in the penitentiary...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dantron For This Useful Post:
Bryce18 (07-13-2014), hucorey (07-12-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 12:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Rolling Coal - Tickets?

I didn't tune and delete my truck with intentions of blowing black smoke. Not once did I ever say it was cool or encourage it. Tailgating a truck of this size without being able to see around it is extremely dangerous. I've seen way too many accidents because of people following too closely and/or traveling too fast for the conditions. People don't think of of scenarios where I could come to a complete stop either intentionally or unintentionally. I'm out in the country and there isn't a car around for miles and people will still tailgate. I guess it will get them to their destination that much faster. When tuning my truck I've set the low boost fueling setting to the lowest possible to minimize soot. When blowing black smoke it isn't enough to hinder anyone's vision like some of these older models.

I wasn't asking for your spew about how it's bad and how you don't agree with it. I wasn't looking situations with high school students rolling coal on smoking women or their buddies faces when they're sticking their head in the exhaust tip. I was simply asking of situations where someone was pulled over for it and their story.

This isn't the 7.3 or 6.0 section. I would assume most of us capable of affording such a truck would have some sort of common sense.

Last edited by Silvin; 07-13-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:08 AM
POWERCHOKER

I often drive my truck acting as if I'm the only vehicle on the road. One thing I've noticed is that most people feel uncomfortable around big trucks. This means I'm able to drift into the other lane or pull in front of another car with little to no remorse and hardly any consequence. In regards to people riding on my tail, I find that slowing down is very effective. I've been known to come to a complete stop on occasion. However, I do not recommend performing "brake checks" because this may lead to a highly inconvenient situation for yourself. I try my best not to eject black smoke because getting a ticket would really piss me off...
kinnisoj likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.