Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar

The Michelin LTX A/T tires that came on my truck were pretty much worn out at just under 30,000 miles. That's actually about the mileage I expected regardless of the mileage warranty or claims. I wasn't unhappy with those tires but kind of wanted something that I thought looked a little better on the truck.

I ended up buying Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar tires with the white lettering. The price was very close to the same as the Michelin tires.

These Goodyear's are apparently a new type that have only been in production for around 8 months or so.

The tires ride great and have a more aggressive tread pattern than the Michelins. I was worried about road noise but honestly there is almost no difference. On some highway surfaces you hear a sound that sounds like a slight wind rushing sound. It's very quiet and completely absent on most pavement. I am particular about these things and so I have to think most people wouldn't even notice. My wife couldn't tell there was any difference.

One photo is of a Michelin tire that was replaced and the other two are obviously the Goodyear replacements.
Attached Thumbnails
Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar-img_0019.jpg   Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar-img_0863.jpg   Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar-img_0859.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2014, 03:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

let me know how you like them

I have a set on mine and not impressed with how they are in the rain…. it is like driving with slicks
Old 07-10-2014, 04:33 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranzan View Post
let me know how you like them

I have a set on mine and not impressed with how they are in the rain…. it is like driving with slicks
When a tire is bad on wet roads, they generally are made of a harder compound and last much longer than the soft compound tires. It's a trade off, safety for longevity.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:38 AM

i have been looking into tires as well but i have to say the michelins are really good no issues in rain and decent off road grip get them rotated every oil change. From what i have learned michelins are good and they also, make the bf goodrich tire line all terrain are real good as well.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had no issues with the Michelin tires. I just wanted to change the look a little with the hope of getting an equivalently good tire. I'll have to see how it goes over time but so far these Goodyear tires seem pretty decent. I drove in some moderate rain, nothing heavy yet, and they seemed alright to me. I've had Michelin tires over and over again on several vehicles now. They've always been good. If the Goodyear's let me down I'll probably just go back to Michelin again.

After 10,000 miles or so maybe I can remember to resurrect this post and give an update as to how they are doing for me.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:59 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Kevlar, eh? Do they happen to be bullet-proof? I want a set of tires that will never go flat...
Old 07-11-2014, 06:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Supposedly the Kevlar makes the sidewalls stronger / more puncture resistant while also reducing the weight of the tires. I just thought they would be good tires for mainly highway towing of my RV and the occasional off-road towing that occurs in some locations that we camp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.