New 2015 F350, first observations - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 08:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 2015 F350, first observations

I sold my 6.0 and was planning on getting a 14 while the incentives were really good. I was a day late and a dollar short. By the time I sold the 07, the couple of 14s I had my eye on were gone and my dealer couldn't find one to suite me.

Every cloud has a silver lining. The incentives dropped $1k on the 14s and went up $1k on the 15s and my dealer found one on the lot in NY that was almost identical to what I would have factory ordered. He asked if I would want to go get it. What the heck, I was up for a road trip, so I said sure.

After making the dealer trade, I fueled up and headed down the interstate. I can't believe how these things run stock. It's better than my 6.0 with a tune. I like it!

So I set the cruise on 65 and reset the fuel economy meter. Something is wrong because it is getting mid to high 13s. I got to thinking about it and remembered a thread where someone posted something about the trailer sway control. I pulled over and perused the org until I found it. Sure enough, turned the trailer sway off and gained about 2 mpg. Still not great. Pulled into a Pilot for a potty break and something to drink. When I got back to the truck I thought "you don't suppose?" Yep, hubs were still locked in. Mileage creeped up to 18.7 traveling between 65 and 70. A couple hours later I hit two lane highway where I thought the mileage would shine. Not so, she started a regen. After the regen I reset the lie o meter and the mileage stayed in the low twenties. By the time I got home it was an even 21 mpg.

Dropped it off at the dealer this morning and running cold on a short trip the mileage dropped to 20. I am thinking that around here with the way I drive, I am looking at between 16 and 17, closer to 17 average. I can live with that for sure.

Power is amazing and I can't wait to tow with it. Though it will be a short trip, I will be hooking up to the TT this weekend and hitting the two lane hills around here. Glad I took the plunge!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Premium Member

Congrats on the new truck

But as always....
Old 07-08-2014, 10:54 AM

Dealer is still prepping it. Should pic it up tomorrow. Pics to come.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damn my sway control has been on this whole time ahahahaha!! FML.. I just went and double checked my hubs, which weren't locked, but the damn sway control!!! Damn it
Old 07-08-2014, 04:56 PM

Congrats! Can't wait to see a pictures of your new truck.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anyone have a link to the thread mentioned in the original post about sway control? I seem to have missed that thread in my browsing.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:24 PM

This just sounds too good to be true, but I can't wait to try it when I get home! :-)
Old 07-08-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acelefty View Post
Anyone have a link to the thread mentioned in the original post about sway control? I seem to have missed that thread in my browsing.
There wasn't a thread on the sway control per se', but it was mentioned in this one 2014 F250 4x4 6.7 only 13.7 MPG PLEASE HELP!!! page 3 csscott67 mentions it. It may have been my imagination, but it sure didn't hurt. Others can chime in with their experiences.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:40 PM

I can see where the hubs being locked in manual would cause a decrease in fuel mileage but how does the sway control affect the fuel mileage? Is the sway control on the 2015's the same as "traction control" that I have on my 2012?

Last edited by 350ninty7; 07-08-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wink Sway control.......

OP,
Congrats on your new rig, and glad I could post something you found useful!!

Sway control applies brakes as needed to keep the wiggle down. I have to figure out how to turn it off perm. like the seat-belt chime!!! :O) Otherwise, every time you start the truck you have to keep shutting it off. Anyone finds out how or knows please post up, Scott
msmith likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to cscott67 For This Useful Post:
texaslimeaide (07-09-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.