Upgrading shocks on 12 F350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Duffie112
Upgrading shocks on 12 F350

Hey guys I have the fx4 package and I believe they are rancho shocks. I hear there junk for ride quality? What shocks are you guys upgrading to to make the ride nicer? Thanks guys

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Premium Member

I'd like to know the same thing...
Old 07-06-2014, 11:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had Bilstein on my 2500 and changed them out for KYB Mono Max. I just happened to be driving here in S. Florida and stumbled across a place I'd seen on the net. ShockWarehouse.com. They recommended the Mono Max to me and I'm really glad they did. They do a great job. I took the liberty to look at their site for you...

Front...Part # 565121...$71.06 each with free shipping
Rear...Part # 565124...$84.43 each with free shipping
Purchase set of 4 for 310.43...again free shipping.

High pressure gas design (280psi)
Monotube design
Hardened chrome 1/2 piston rod
Seamless body cylinders and eye rings
Floating piston
Self-sealing packing
Velocity-sensitive valving
Large 46mm bore and piston

"KYB MonoMax performance gas shocks. For hot trucks, sporty SUVs, and 4WDs. These shocks are engineered and designed to deliver performance and strength regular shocks don't have. These shocks have a vehicle specific valving for severe duty and handling. They help reduce squat under acceleration, helps eliminate braking nose dive, and helps control roll and pitch. These are the KYB Gasajust on steroids! Bigger and better. "

cheers

Last edited by Dougstdig; 07-07-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to Duffie112
Awesome thank you Dougstdig!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-07-2014, 05:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I put Rancho RS9000 on mine. Much better than stock. There is a thread on here already about shocks.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:18 AM

I replaced the "Rancho" shocks on my 2013 F250 FX4 with Bilstein 5100's. I made the change when the truck only had a few thousand miles on them. The OEM's definitely do not work great and I trust the Bilsteins to last a long time. However, the new shocks didn't suddenly transform the ride into a cushy smooth drive. The ride was slightly improved but you really have to pay attention to it to notice. And I race cars as a hobby so I think I can pick up on suspension changes a lot better than the average person.

If your shocks are toast, then I'm sure the Bilstein's will improve the ride (any working shock would at that point). And maybe other shocks will work better for improving ride quality. I'm still happy I made the change because I didn't expect the OEM shocks to last long and Bilstein makes a durable shock.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewtk View Post
I replaced the "Rancho" shocks on my 2013 F250 FX4 with Bilstein 5100's. I made the change when the truck only had a few thousand miles on them. The OEM's definitely do not work great and I trust the Bilsteins to last a long time. However, the new shocks didn't suddenly transform the ride into a cushy smooth drive. The ride was slightly improved but you really have to pay attention to it to notice. And I race cars as a hobby so I think I can pick up on suspension changes a lot better than the average person.

If your shocks are toast, then I'm sure the Bilstein's will improve the ride (any working shock would at that point). And maybe other shocks will work better for improving ride quality. I'm still happy I made the change because I didn't expect the OEM shocks to last long and Bilstein makes a durable shock.
Agree 100%. I have 5100s on mine and my stock shocks were shot when I replaced mine. The truck doesn't ride any different really. It rebounds better when you hit a pot hole or go over rail road tracks but it will not turn it into a Cadillac.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I don't have KYB's anymore but they are made here in Indiana up the road from me.They look like a great shock for a great price.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:04 AM

id go with fox
Old 07-07-2014, 11:18 AM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The real way to improve ride quality is with King's dual coil-over shocks all around and a Rigid light bar mounted on the roof. No exceptions...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.