Towing 1.5 Tons of Irony haha - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Carli'd6.7
  • 2 Post By RJC2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Towing 1.5 Tons of Irony haha

My neighbor had a little car troubles on his way back from 4th of July in Santa Cruz and when he called road side they told him 3.5 hours till they could get to him so he shot me a text to see what i could do so i hooked up the dually to old faithful and played tow truck on the way home i took em all to dinner and i was walking away the the sight of seeing a fully deleted diesel pulling the most reliable 0 emission hybrid electric vehicle tickled me to death so i figured id share

Sadly this is the heaviest thing ive towed so far ol faithful weighs in around 3500 and the Prius is about 3 and man this truck is spot on the rear sway bar is super nice while towing on twisty roads im sure the duals has something to do with it but the more i drive this thing the less i want to do to it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2014, 09:01 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
That's awesome!
Old 07-05-2014, 09:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
haha! classic right there!
Old 07-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2014, 04:41 AM
Premium Member

I'm glad the new truck is working out so well for you, and your neighbor.
It's funny you post this, I just finished reading an article wrote by an environmentalist reporter about how dirty and stinky diesel trucks are, and how they should be replaced with electrics. Here it is...
Diesel Trucks Don't Just Pollute, They Waste Money | Co.Exist | ideas + impact
Old 07-06-2014, 05:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Haha nice! That's another one for TEAM AMERICA!
Old 07-06-2014, 06:20 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC2 View Post
I'm glad the new truck is working out so well for you, and your neighbor.
It's funny you post this, I just finished reading an article wrote by an environmentalist reporter about how dirty and stinky diesel trucks are, and how they should be replaced with electrics. Here it is...
Diesel Trucks Don't Just Pollute, They Waste Money | Co.Exist | ideas + impact

It's funny you say that because I saw something on yahoo news about how prius's and leafs and GEM cars are somewhat pointless in the fight against global warming because everyone in the US could drive one ( some sort of electric / hybrid ) for one years time and it still would not have nearly the effect on the greenhouse gas issue we have as one volcano going off for one day in south america hahaha and furthermore they are nothing but gas savers
Old 07-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Ordnance on coordinates

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
also the hybrid batteries and terrible for the enviroment. they just get stacked in a warehouse.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Premium Member

I live in coal country, it's the life blood of West Virginia. We have coal powered power plants in this area due to the abundant and cheap fuel supply. The Obama administration is systematically forcing the shut down of all coal powered power plants due to global warming. There are five closing this year in our area. They are replacing them with windmills which can't begin to produce enough power to replace one of those coal powered plants.
A friend of mine works for the power plants tells me that the power grid is already pushed to its extreme limits when we have cold or hot weather. He said that this winter they are planning to shut down sections of the grid for 3 hours at a time to have enough electricity to go around. What happens to the industries in those areas? Where are the environmentalists going to charge these electric cars in the future when there's no electricity?

Oh, and here's the irony to all of this. The coal that is being mined here in W.V. is now being sold to China. Guess what they are doing with it??? You got it, generating cheap electricity.
Dantron and diesel_forever like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.