Visited the dealer yesterday - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2014, 05:45 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Visited the dealer yesterday

For the past few weeks I been visiting my local dealerships to compare all brands of diesel trucks on the market. Finally made it to my local Ford dealer to see what they had in stock and wait times on ordering a new one. They had a handful of crew cabs and one regular cab.

The salesman I dealt with was the most knowledgeable and could actually answer my questions - what a relief! Two and a half hours later I had all the info I needed. I was very impressed with the build quality inside and out.

After sleeping on it - without a doubt the F350XL is the truck for me. Will go back and go for a test ride this week. If it drives as good as I think - order will be placed.

Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2014, 08:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Why would you need to order an XL? Just curious as my dealer has about 25 of them on the lot. We're in oil country.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
Why would you need to order an XL? Just curious as my dealer has about 25 of them on the lot....................
My local dealers don't keep the XL regular cab on the lots. They say most everyone wants the crew cab. They did have two on the lot that was ordered and sold city government. Plus the options & color I want they don't normally order.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I ordered a 15 f350xl crew cab srw as no one had one set up the way I wanted it also. I have a 12 xl and like most everything about it.
What amazed me was how I could order the truck I wanted/needed and get everything I wanted on a XL vs getting XLT or higher grade.
Cheap6.7 likes this.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke444e View Post
.................What amazed me was how I could order the truck I wanted/needed and get everything I wanted on a XL vs getting XLT or higher grade.
Same here. Most people don't want options I may like and vise versa. Can't even find a regular cab in my area. Some things offered I didn't want. Got a couple more things to check out and then I will be placing an order soon. I can feel it getting closer!
Old 06-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a xl and love it! Best thing I ever had.
Sorry had to jump in and say that.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap6.7 View Post
I have a xl and love it! Best thing I ever had.
Yes for a farm/work/town truck they still can have all the toys I need/want.
I have a backup camera ac cruise power windows e-locker gooseneck and remote start. the best part is soap and water clean up the inside and I don't have to worry about the kids cleaning there boots. I went from 2 trucks and a car to one truck and only thing I dislike is having to clean it out on sunday so I can drive it monday.
Not knocking king ranch or lariats but I like the XL's I just wish I could get a 6spd manual in one.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:02 PM

Got a call from my salesman this afternoon. He told me to come by sometime and take a test ride to see what I thought. Since I got off work a bit early I took him up on his offer. The wife and I drove it through town and out on the highway.

I was blown away with the power - I will be placing my order this week for sure! I was all grins when I left the dealership.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Premium Member

So, what did you like and dislike about the other brands - just curious...
Old 07-02-2014, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC2 View Post
So, what did you like and dislike about the other brands - just curious...
I checked out Dodge, GMC, and Ford. All three were in the running. Liked all three as far as ride, power, and quality. The main decision factor was narrowed down to truck reliability, cost of ownership, and dealer customer service. Also checked out the service departments and mechanics of each. Seemed in each category Ford edged each dealer out. I even did quite a bit of research and talking with other owners and it seems Ford was having the fewest issues - a biggie for me.

So in a nutshell - Ford was able to sell for "under invoice", order exactly what I want, and go the extra mile for me. And the real plus is they are my local dealer. Dodge and GMC were more interested in selling me what they wanted and not what I wanted. Never called me back either. I will say GMC was a close second but was too late in ordering a 14 model and they changed the things I liked around for 15 so I marked it off the list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.