Long wait lead to agonizing decision. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2014, 03:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Long wait lead to agonizing decision.

I had been watching the progress of my ordered 2015 and got worried when it tracked in transit for more than 5 weeks. I went by the dealership last Sunday and noticed a truck on their lot that had a much higher vin # than my truck. I tracked it and it came off the line 5 days after my mine. So why did it get to the dealer before my truck. I got worried and started digging for some info. A good and trusted friend helped me out. Turns out my truck was held up due to some issues. When my dealer called and said my truck would be in the next day, I had to decide what to do. The truck that I ordered just the way I wanted arrived 49 days after it had been built and I agonized what to do. Some more info came in from my friend so I decided not to accept this truck. What a stressful day. I didn't even go to the dealership to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2014, 06:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I know EXACTLY what you went through. Even after being told a few times not to take my original one, I still wasn't sure what to do but once I got the new one, I know I made the right decision. As tough as it is, you know you made the right decision and once you get your new one, you'll completely forget about the painful wait.

Congrats on the new one.. can't wait to see pics of exactly what I was going to get. D@mn you lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to blwnsmoke For This Useful Post:
Storm95 (06-28-2014)
Old 06-28-2014, 08:49 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what caused the hold up?
Old 06-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm curious too. Actually sounds like both of you denied them. What was the reasoning behind that?
Old 06-28-2014, 12:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

New vehicles can be damaged in transit and then the manufacturer will repair them at one of their massive collision centers. Depending on state laws, they may not even be required to disclose it unless it reaches a certain percentage of the value of the vehicle. In fact, they will sometimes reroute it to a state that doesn't require them to disclose it. It was probably wise to deny them.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:46 PM

I am also ready to order a 2015 so good info to know.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:11 PM

Through my contacts I found out there was an issue with Storm's truck which is why his truck was held up in Louisville for over 5 weeks after being built. Ford would not tell him anything nor admit to anything and basically said "we don't know what's going on and there is nothing we can do". Fortunately I was able to find out there was an issue with the truck and let him know about it before he took possession of it. It was a tough decision that I can completely relate to because when you wait for so long, you just want to take it but who wants to spend $60k on a truck that has been repaired after being built?

In regards to my truck, I originally ordered a Platinum on 1/16 and it was built the middle of March.. my VIN was # 846 so it was one of the first built. I was told my a few people to RUN away from it.. there were so many issues with the trucks during the first 5 weeks of production.. so I told my dealer that I'm not taking it (funny that I had to tell THEM about all the issues going on).. So put in an order in April for another one but my truck was put on hold until all issues were resolved and then the order went in and built.

So I waited 3 1/2 months to have to cancel my order and reorder again.. I know exactly how Storm feels and the weight put on his shoulders on what the right thing to do is. The end result is he has a solid built truck heading his way right now and with another $1,500 in rebates for him!!
Old 06-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yea, I spent a lot of hours in the middle of the night trying to decide on if I should have taken the truck. Some people out there waited longer than I did, but once you know that it is built it just heightens your excitement level and anticipation. You want your truck!!! Well, good things comes to those who wait. I did some investigating on my own and some things just didn't add up, then Blwnsmoke (who I consider a good friend) provided me with some info (paint,brakes,electrical) and some good advice, so I didn't take the truck an now have a King Ranch 4x4 on the way. (I Hope)!!
Yo Smoke, if you ever make it down here to South Louisiana, look me up, I taken you to eat some good Cajun Food my friend.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:15 PM

Help me understand

So you go to a dealership and put in an order for the exact truck with all the specific options you want. They tell you it will be in a certain amount of time so when this time does not come you are waiting. How do you know if there is an issue? When do you call foul and say I am not taking the truck? If I do which I will be next yr a new truck for the old lady what to we do, please give me some of your life lessons on timing and what to look out for. Thank you
Old 06-28-2014, 04:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

First of all, do a lot of research on these forums, there are a lot of people that say things out of speculation, but there are also a lot of good things and friends you can find. When you place your order, ask you dealer for a order confirmation number. Then go to the Ford site, read the small print, there is a site that you can use to track your vehicle as it progresses through the build. There are 5 stages, 1st-In Order Processing,(this is when it will be given a Vin#) 2nd-In Production, 3rd-Awaiting Shipment, 4th-In Transit, 5-Delivered. On the wed site, as you track it, if you click on each of the 5 stages on the Ford track site it will give you an approximate time to get through each stage. In my case I had my vin # memorized (49792) so I new when it went from Awaiting Shipment to In Transit and about how long it should take to get to me. The Ford tracking won't tell you anything about where it is on the rail. You have to get that from the dealer. My wife and I went by our dealer one Sunday and saw a new 2015 with a vin number way higher than mine.(WTF) So I went on the Ford tracker and found that this truck came off the production line 5 days after mine but some how it got to the dealer and my truck was still on the mixing yard waiting to get loaded on a train. Something just doesn't add up here. I got suspicious and so I posted some questions on the forum. Some people will give you some good answers and some people won't, and if your lucky like me you will meet up with someone like Blwnsmoke (Great guy to have on your side) who can help get your some answers. So when the numbers don't add up, and the good info I got through recon, I was able to make a good (but stressfull) decision and not take this truck. Now I'm playing the waiting game again. My new truck went to "In Transit" Thursday evening. So I'll be watching. Dealers get real busy at the end of the month, so on the 2nd or 3rd of July I will try to get a track in the King to see if it is on a rail, if not, then it may be time for some Recon!!
Ontario Trucker and Heavy_GD like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Storm95 For This Useful Post:
armyguy209 (06-29-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.